Job applicant's privacy notice
Candidate’s application privacy notice
Collection and Processing of Personal Data of Candidates Who Apply on the Curium Careers site, including any other platform or processes (such as LinkedIn or other job portals)
Curium is presenting you with this policy, which is part of Curium’s Privacy Statement, on the processing of candidates’ personal data that clarifies what Curium does to ensure the confidentiality and security of your personal data in the frame of your application. Curium aims to provide you with information about what personal data Curium collects, the reasons for which Curium collects it, how Curium treats it, from which sources Curium collects it, the purposes for which Curium uses these, to whom Curium can transfer it, how Curium keeps it secure and where you can get information about the personal data Curium process.
Why does Curium process your personal data?
When you apply for a position at Curium, you can create a profile on the Site and/or provide Curium with your CV or demand for a job in other ways (electronically, in writing, through our recruitment form, through other job portals, etc.). You then provide Curium with your personal data, which Curium process within recruitment and the whole process of selection of new employees.
Which personal data does Curium process?
Curium may process the following personal data or categories of personal data. This does not necessarily mean that Curium process all the below personal data for each individual candidate. Note that the list of examples may not be exhaustive:
- First name, last name
- Academic title
- Permanent residence, temporary residence
- Country of citizenship
- Date and place of birth, birth number
- Native language
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Information listed in the attachment of your Curium application / request / demand for job
- Work experience / information on previous employment
- Evidence at the employment office
- Photographs (if you provide them to Curium as an attachment of your CV)
For what reasons does Curium process your personal data?
Curium processes your personal data only for legally and justified valid reasons. Unless otherwise stated, Curium process the candidates’ personal data based on their consent and to take steps prior to entering into a contract. Curium therefore retains your personal data to protect its legitimate interests in case, for example, of any legal dispute initiated by a candidate applying or in case Curium discloses confidential information to candidates during interviews and want to ensure the respect of confidentiality obligations. Also, Curium might transfer of candidates’ personal data to our external suppliers who help Curium to ensure the recruitment of new candidates, such transfer being lawful.
For what purposes does Curium process your personal data?
Curium processes your personal data for recruitment process that includes, inter alia, a response to your application for employment and communication with you during your recruitment process. Curium also process the personal data in connection with the assessment of your application for a specific position and the information you provide Curium in this frame.
Our Site and the job portals with which Curium cooperate, allow you to attach attachments to your application for a specific position. You provide Curium with these attachments voluntarily, and personal data contained therein will be processed only for the purposes of assessing your suitability, as the candidate for the position you are applying to.
For how long does Curium keep your personal data?
Curium only process personal data for the period that is necessary for the purpose for which Curium is processing it. Curium continuously assess whether the need to process certain personal data for certain purposes is still valid. When Curium find that your data is no longer necessary for any of the purposes for which it was processed, Curium discards it. It is Curium policy to discard data within a maximum of 3 years after you have been interviewed as a candidate for a particular position so that Curium can protect both your rights and its rights and legitimate interests in case of any dispute relating to admission to employment.
To whom does Curium transfer your data?
In the frame of its business operations, Curium might have to transfer your personal data to a processor that is to say an entity which will process personal data on behalf of Curium.
This should be necessary to process your personal data for the performance of our legal obligations or our contractual obligations with external suppliers who support Curium in the recruitment process.
Personal data processed as per this information sheet may also further be provided, as per the Curium’s obligations, to authorized state authorities, institutions or other entities when the conditions specified by legal regulation are met.
What are the candidates’ rights?
- You have the right to be fully informed about the processing of your personal data.
- You have the right to know whether Curium process your personal data and what personal data Curium process, and to obtain information from Curium about the purpose and nature of the processing of personal data and the recipients of personal data.
- You also have the right to have the processing of your personal data limited, to have incorrect personal data corrected and to have incomplete personal data amended.
- You have the right to the deletion of personal data in cases when (i) the personal data is no longer necessary for the above purposes, (ii) you revoke your consent and no other legal reason for processing exists, (iii) you bring forth objections against processing and Curium has no prevalent legitimate reasons to further process your data, (iv) your personal data was processed in violation of the law, (v) your personal data must be deleted in order to fulfill a legal obligation. You have the right to the portability of the data.
- You have the right to raise an objection against the processing of your personal data based on automated processing including profiling.
You may exercise your rights directly through the data responsible persons reachable at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case of breach in regard to your personal data, Curium will notify you without undue delay when such breach is likely to result in a high risk to your rights and freedoms.
Contact information – Data Responsible Person
Should you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data, please reach out to the data protection responsible persons reachable at the following email address: email@example.com.
Last update: July 2019