Canada spect products | Generator
(Technetium Tc 99m Generator)
This information is intended for Canadian healthcare professionals only.
- Manufactured using 100% LEU-derived Mo-99.
- 100% terminally sterilized Ultra-Technekow V4 generator production line uses cutting edge technology in the production process from start to finish.
- Multiple shielding options of lead and depleted uranium (DU) help provide reliable radiation protection across all 12 of our generator size offerings. Learn more about generator shielding options.
- Calibrated for early AM delivery; our vast logistics network allows for, in most cases, delivery prior to the start of the facility’s first shift.
- Not made with natural rubber latex
- Complimentary Generator Return Program
- Parametric release – this demonstrates our control of the sterilization process and confidence in our critical process controls.
- The entire generator manufacturing process, from start to finish, is digitally recorded. This allows for excellent training opportunities and preventative maintenance planning and scheduling.
Indication & Usage
Sodium Pertechnetate Tc 99m is used IN ADULTS for:
- Thyroid Imaging
- Salivary Gland Imaging
- Urinary Bladder Imaging (direct isotopic cystography) for detection of vesico-ureteral reflux
- Nasolacrimal Drainage System Imaging (dacryoscintigraphy)
Sodium Pertechnetate Tc 99m is used IN PEDIATRIC PATIENTS for:
- Thyroid Imaging
- Urinary Bladder Imaging (direct isotopic cystography) for the detection of vesico-ureteral reflux
Important risk information
Warnings and precautions
- Only use generator eluant specified for use with the Ultra-Technekow™ V4 generator.
- Radiopharmaceuticals should be used only by qualified healthcare professionals.
- Pediatric / Pregnant women: Radiation risks associated with the use the product are greater in pediatric patients than in adults and, in general, the younger the patient the greater the risk owing to greater absorbed radiation doses and longer life expectancy. These greater risks should be taken firmly into account in all benefit risk assessments involving pediatric patients and during pregnancy. Care should be taken to minimize radiation exposure to the patient and to occupational workers.
- Carcinogenesis and Mutagenesis: Long-term cumulative radiation exposure may be associated with an increased risk of cancer.
- Contamination: Special measures should be taken for up to 12h after receiving the product to prevent contamination.
- Breast-feeding: Formula-feedings should be substituted for breastfeeding for at least 12 hours and feeds expressed during this period should be discarded.
- Ear/Nose/Throat/ Ophthalmologic: After the termination of the procedure, washing the nose / eyes with sterile distilled water or an isotonic sodium chloride solution will further minimize the radiation dose.
- Allergic reactions including anaphylaxis have been reported infrequently following the administration of Sodium Pertechnetate Tc 99m.
Please see package insert for full Important Risk Information
Frequently asked questions
We manufacture generators three days a week: Sunday, Monday and Wednesday.
Generators can be ordered through Canada Customer Service at 866.885.5988. Up to a four-week order processing time has been established allowing adequate time to verify Radioactive Materials (RAM) licensing and to secure the required raw materials.
Directions for use of the saline vial alignment insert is found in the Elution section of the full prescribing information. You may also watch a short video demonstration here.
The SVAI is smooth, impervious, free from cracks and crevices, and non-shedding. It can be cleaned and disinfected using hydrogen peroxide (3%), Sporicidin® Disinfectant Spray, Solution, Aerosol (Ready to Use) or Vesphene® IIse (1:128 Dilution). For additional information on cleaning or generator accessories, refer to the Generator Accessories User Manual.
Sporicidin® is a registered trademark of Contec, Inc. Vesphene® is a registered trademark of Steris Corporation.
All standing order changes or cancellations are handled by the or Canada Customer Service at 866.885.5988. A four-week processing time on standing order changes or cancellations is required.
Call Curium Pharmacovigilance / Product Monitoring Department at 866.789.2211
How is this product supplied
|Mo 99 V4 Generator (L)||1||Each||1.0 Ci||9010LLC||69945-010-03|
|Mo 99 V4 Generator (L)||1||Each||1.5 Ci||9015LLC||69945-015-04|
|Mo 99 V4 Generator (L)||1||Each||2.0 Ci||9020LLC||69945-020-05|
|Mo 99 V4 Generator (L)||1||Each||2.5 Ci||9025LLC||69945-025-06|
|Mo 99 V4 Generator (L)||1||Each||3.0 Ci||9030LLC||69945-030-07|
|Mo 99 V4 Generator (L)||1||Each||3.5 Ci||9051*LC||69945-035-08|
|Mo 99 V4 Generator (L/D)||1||Each||5.0 Ci||9051*LC||69945-051-09|
|Mo 99 V4 Generator (L/D)||1||Each||6.0 Ci||9060*LC||69945-060-10|
|Mo 99 V4 Generator (L/D)||1||Each||7.5 Ci||9075*LC||69945-075-11|
|Mo 99 V4 Generator (D)||1||Each||11.0 Ci||9110DLC||69945-110-12|
|Mo 99 V4 Generator (D)||1||Each||14.0 Ci||9140DLC||69945-140-13|
|Mo 99 V4 Generator (D)||1||Each||16.0 Ci||9160DLC||69945-160-14|
Click the button below to learn more about Order Information for Generator Accessories.