U.S. Spect products | Cardiology
Thallous Chloride Tl 201 Injection
This information is intended for U.S. healthcare professionals only.
Well-suited for USE in myocardial perfusion imaging.1
Active transport due to the chemical properties inherent in Tl 201 achieves rapid and efficient myocardial extraction with relatively little uptake by abdominal organs during exercise.1,2
Myocardial distribution correlates well with regional perfusion.3
With an extensive history of clinical experience, Tl 201 is a versatile choice for diagnosis.4
Indication & Usage
Thallium Chloride Tl 201 Injection is a diagnostic radiopharmaceutical indicated for:
- Myocardial perfusion imaging with planar scintigraphy or single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) for the diagnosis of coronary artery disease by localization of:
- Non-reversible defects (myocardial infarction) which may have prognostic value regarding survival.
- Reversible defects (myocardial ischemia) when used in conjunction with exercise or pharmacologic stress.
- Localization of sites of parathyroid hyperactivity pre- and post- operatively in patients with elevated serum calcium and parathyroid hormone levels.
Important risk information
Warnings and precautions
- Anaphylactoid reactions (hypotension, pruritus, flushing, and diffuse rash) have been reported.
- Stress Testing: Induction of cardiovascular stress may be associated with myocardial infarction, arrhythmia, hypotension, bronchoconstriction, cerebrovascular events and other serious adverse events.
- Thallous Chloride Tl 201 contributes to the cumulative radiation exposure. When considering administration of Thallous Chloride injection to women of child-bearing potential, consider the radiation risks for a fetus. Use the lowest dose necessary for imaging and ensure safe handling to protect the patient and health care worker
- Risk of Extravasation: Inject Thallous Chloride Tl 201 strictly intravenously to avoid local tissue accumulation and irradiation.
- Serious adverse reactions may include anaphylactoid reactions (characterized by cardiovascular, respiratory and cutaneous symptoms), hypotension, pruritus, flushing, and diffuse rash. Serious adverse reactions in patients who have undergone stress testing include myocardial infarction, arrhythmia, hypotension, bronchoconstriction, and cerebrovascular events.
- Common adverse reactions include itching, nausea, vomiting, mild diarrhea, tremor, shortness of breath, chills, fever, conjunctivitis, sweating, and blurred vision.
Use in specific populations
- Assess the pregnancy status of women of childbearing potential prior to performing imaging procedures with Thallous Chloride Tl 201 Injection.
- Breast feeding: Thallous Chloride Tl 201 is excreted in human milk. Discontinue nursing or express and discard milk for a minimum of 2 weeks after administration of Thallous Chloride Tl 201.
- Pediatrics: Safety and effectiveness have not been established in pediatric patients.
Frequently asked questions
Each milliliter contains 37 MBq (1 mCi) Thallous Chloride Tl 201 at calibration time.
Thallous Chloride Tl 201 Injection can be ordered through your local Sales Representative, or our Customer Service Department at 888.744.1414, option 1 then option 2. Orders are accepted Monday – Friday, 7:00 am through 5:00 pm. CST.
Call Curium Pharmacovigilance / Product Monitoring Department at 866.789.2211
How is this product supplied
|Thallous Chloride Tl 201 vial, Fri/Sun shipment||1||Each||2.8 mL||N12028S||69945-120-28|
|Thallous Chloride Tl 201 vial, Fri/Sun shipment||1||Each||5.6 ml||N12056S||69945-120-56|
|Thallous Chloride Tl 201 vial, Fri/Sun shipment||1||Each||6.3 mL||N12063S||69945-120-63|
|Thallous Chloride Tl 201 vial, Fri/Sun shipment||1||Each||9.9 mL||N12099S||69945-120-99|
|Thallous Chloride Tl 201 vial, Mon shipment||1||Each||2.8 mL||N12028M||69945-120-28|
|Thallous Chloride Tl 201 vial, Mon shipment||1||Each||5.6 ml||N12056M||69945-120-56|
|Thallous Chloride Tl 201 vial, Mon shipment||1||Each||6.3 mL||N12063M||69945-120-63|
|Thallous Chloride Tl 201 vial, Mon shipment||1||Each||9.9 mL||N12099M||69945-120-99|
|Thallous Chloride Tl 201 vial, Tues shipment||1||Each||2.8 mL||N12028T||69945-120-28|
|Thallous Chloride Tl 201 vial, Tues shipment||1||Each||5.6 ml||N12056T||69945-120-56|
|Thallous Chloride Tl 201 vial, Tues shipment||1||Each||6.3 mL||N12063T||69945-120-63|
|Thallous Chloride Tl 201 vial, Tues shipment||1||Each||9.9 mL||N12099T||69945-120-99|
|Thallous Chloride Tl 201 vial, Weds shipment||1||Each||2.8 mL||N12028W||69945-120-28|
|Thallous Chloride Tl 201 vial, Weds shipment||1||Each||5.6 mL||N12056W||69945-120-56|
|Thallous Chloride Tl 201 vial, Weds shipment||1||Each||6.3 mL||N12063W||69945-120-63|
|Thallous Chloride Tl 201 vial, Weds shipment||1||Each||9.9 mL||N12099W||69945-120-99|
|Thallous Chloride Tl 201 vial, Thurs shipment||1||Each||2.8 mL||N12028R||69945-120-28|
|Thallous Chloride Tl 201 vial, Thurs shipment||1||Each||5.6 mL||N12056R||69945-120-56|
|Thallous Chloride Tl 201 vial, Thurs shipment||1||Each||6.3 mL||N12063R||69945-120-63|
|Thallous Chloride Tl 201 vial, Thurs shipment||1||Each||9.9 mL||N12099R||69945-120-99|
1 Taylor A, Schuster DM, Alazraki N. A Clinician’s Guide to Nuclear Medicine. 2nd ed. Society of Nuclear Medicine, Inc. 2006; 3.
2 Gerson MC. Cardiac Nuclear Medicine. 2nd ed. McGraw-Hill, Inc. 1991;
3 Thallous Chloride Tl 201 Injection package insert. Maryland Heights, MO. Curium US LLC; 2018 – Clinical Pharmacology section.
4 Thallous Chloride Tl 201 Injection package insert. Maryland Heights, MO. Curium US LLC; 2018 – Indications and Usage section.