U.S. SPECT PRODUCTS | LUNG
(kit for the preparation of technetium Tc 99m albumin aggregated injection)
This information is intended for U.S. healthcare professionals only.
Pulmotech MAA offers flexibility and value
- Competitive and versatile pricing
- Multiple packaging options, including a 5-vial clam shell or a 30-vial carton1
- Lower particle count vials that potentially reduce cost and waste
- 18-hour beyond use date (BUD)1 that prolongs the administration window and allows for flexible patient scheduling
- Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) number A9540, the same code as the other MAA option2
- Curium’s excellent customer service, extensive product catalog, 100+ years of experience, and unrestricted delivery radius and distribution network
- Read our product brochure to learn more about Pulmotech™ MAA
Indication & Usage
Technetium Tc 99m Albumin Aggregated Injection is a radioactive diagnostic agent indicated for:
- Lung scintigraphy as an adjunct in the evaluation of pulmonary perfusion in adults and pediatric patients.
- Scintigraphy of peritoneovenous shunt as an aid in the evaluation of its patency in adults.
Important risk information
- Patients with severe pulmonary hypertension.
- Persons with a history of hypersensitivity reactions to products containing human serum albumin.
Warnings and precautions
- Serious adverse reactions have been reported in patients with pulmonary hypertension.
- Serious hypersensitivity reactions have been reported.
Deaths after administration to patients with severe pulmonary hypertension and serious hypersensitivity reactions have been reported.
Use in specific populations
Lactation: Temporarily discontinue breastfeeding and discard breast milk for 13 hours after administration.
Clinical considerations: To decrease radiation exposure to the breastfed infant, advise a lactating woman to pump and discard breast milk after the administration of Technetium Tc 99m Albumin Aggregated Injection for 13 hours, where the duration corresponds to the typical range of administered activity, 37 to 148 MBq (1 to 4 mCi). During the period of interruption, the breasts should be emptied regularly and completely. The milk that is pumped by the mother during the time of breastfeeding interruption can either be discarded or stored refrigerated and given to the infant after 10 physical half-lives, or about 60 hours, have elapsed.
Frequently asked questions
Customer Service Representatives will be able to tell customers what particle count is available at the time of their order. Also, the particle count is listed on the label of each vial.
There are multiple packaging options. Customers will be able to select either a 5-vial clam shell or 30-vial carton.
With Pulmotech MAA, the lower the particle count in the vial, the lower the price.
Use radiolabeled Pulmotech MAA within 18 hours from the time of preparation.
How is this product supplied
|PULMOTECH MAA 30-vial carton
|PULMOTECH MAA 5-vial clam shell
To place an order, contact your Curium representative or call customer service at 888-744-1414, Monday through Friday, 7 AM to 5 PM CT.
1 Pulmotech MAA. Prescribing information. Curium US LLC; March 2020.
2 Society for Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging (SNMMI). https://www.snmmi.org/index.aspx.