Posted on 21st September 2018
Curium was formed in 2017 through the union of IBA Molecular and Mallinckrodt Nuclear Medicine LLC. Curium is a world-class nuclear medicine solutions provider with over 100 years of combined industry experience. We are proud to service over 14 million patients worldwide each year and strive to provide best-in-class quality products and exceptional, reliable service.
Our diverse group of industry experts is unified under one strong and singular focus – to develop, manufacture and supply SPECT, PET and therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals to customers around the globe. In fact, we have over 6,000 customers in over 70 countries world-wide.
At Curium, every single dose counts in helping doctors and patients diagnose and treat disease. That means every single employee counts toward meeting this unified objective to help each patient live “Life Forward”. We have an amazing team that lives by our core values every single day – integrity, commitment and collaboration. Our North American headquarters is in Maryland Heights, MO. Come grow with us!
Scope of Position:
The Traffic Expediter is responsible for ensuring all inbound raw material meets production schedules and all outbound finished goods shipments meet customer commitments.
- Schedules hazardous and non-hazardous shipments with contracted transportation services.
- Compiles and computes international and/or domestic freight rates and other charges for transportation services according to rate tables.
- Examines shipping bills to obtain description of freight and classifies freight according to rate book shipment.
- Traces shipments to meet customer commitment times.
- Reroute shipments of an urgent nature due to product sensitivity.
- Arrange for special delivery to destination as needed.
- May be required to select most economical and efficient common or contract courier.
- Determines routing and arranges for shipment delivery for all inbound and outbound material to ensure a timely delivery.
- Performs administrative duties in support of activities related to the shipping of finished goods in order for regulatory compliance with all outside agencies, i.e. DOT, IATA, FDA, NRC.
- Communicates and coordinates with transportation companies.
- Handles routing questions and problems and maintains open communication with other internal and external customers throughout the shipping delivery cycle, i.e. Production, Quality Service, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, Planning, Nuclear Pharmacies and Hospitals
- Logs order information into the computer and files and distributes paperwork as necessary.
- Maintains records and generates reports for accounting and other areas.
- Customer orders are processed, filled and packages accurately per department SOP’s.
- Ensure a safe and quality working environment through training, awareness and compliance to safety guidelines and SOP’s.
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree preferred or the equivalent experience preferably in Logistics or related field.
- Five or more years of working experience in the field of distribution with exposure to all functional areas.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer Service Skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Standard office environment.
- Willingness to work in a team based environment.
- Close attention to detail required.
- May be required to sit for long periods of time while performing duties.
- Willingness to work in plant producing radioactive materials and requiring all employees to participate in safety programs designed to minimize potential and/or actual exposure levels.
- Responsibilities also include the ability to lift heavy objects, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, reach, and climb stairs without accommodation.
- Must possess good hand-eye coordination.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Curium is an equal opportunity employer and believes everyone deserves respect, dignity and equality. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.