Posted on 6th August 2019
Technical Support Analyst – Entry Level
Curium was formed in 2017 through the union of IBA Molecular and Mallinckrodt Nuclear Medicine LLC. Curium is a world-class nuclear medicine solutions provider with over 100 years of combined industry experience. We are proud to service over 14 million patients worldwide each year and strive to provide best-in-class quality products and exceptional, reliable service.
Our diverse group of industry experts is unified under one strong and singular focus – to develop, manufacture and supply SPECT, PET and therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals to customers around the globe. In fact, we have over 6,000 customers in over 70 countries world-wide.
At Curium, every single dose counts in helping doctors and patients diagnose and treat disease. That means every single employee counts toward meeting this unified objective to help each patient live “Life Forward”. We have an amazing team that lives by our core values every single day – integrity, commitment and collaboration. Come grow with us!
Summary of Position
The Technical Support Analyst provides professional and effective support to end users via telephone, email or remote access. The position reports to the Global Service Desk Manager and is part of a global Service Desk with teams located in several locations including St. Louis, Missouri, Prague, Czech Republic, and Petten, Netherlands.
This is an entry level position for someone with training or education and little to no relevant work experience, interested in beginning a career in IT.
Schedule: This is a 1st shift position. After trial period you would participate in a team rotation to cover the 2nd shift (15:30 to midnight. This 2nd shift can be worked from home and you would receive additional compensation for it).
- Providing Tier 1 technical support, installation and configuration services through inbound phone and ServiceNow tickets on various technologies which include desktop systems, software, workstations, telecommunication and network connectivity.
- Participating in request fulfillment in areas including software installation, building and installing new / replacement workstations, setup of user accounts and profiles, and performing password resets.
- Receiving inbound calls for technical support, creating incidents, utilizing the knowledge base and peers for assistance, documenting and escalating issues according to escalation procedures, including appropriately identifying the level of urgency.
- Two-year technical or Associates degree in computer science, information technology, business, or related discipline.
- School, work or personal experience demonstrating the ability to work independently, think logically and make good decisions.
- Fluency in English.
- Technical Proficiency
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office both client and hosted (Office 365), including installation and configuration of systems
- Fundamental knowledge of operating systems and desktop hardware
- Experience installing software / applications
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software as well as general office equipment including copiers, faxes, scanners, tablets, smartphones, etc.
- Communication Skills
- Able to effectively communicate with customers on the phone and professionally address their requests
- Able to create clear service notes and other documentation, including clearly describing steps to resolving an issue
- 5 weeks of vacation
- 5 sick days per year
- Cafeteria 4 000 CZK/month net (in trial period 1 500 CZK/month)
- Meal vouchers
- Referral program
- Contributions to ACCA
- Contributions to accident and life insurance
- Contributions to pension (3% from salary)
- Refreshments at the workplace
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Curium is an equal opportunity employer and believes everyone deserves respect, dignity and equality. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.