Posted on 25th November 2018
Supervisor of Production – Cold Products Focus Factory
Curium was formed in 2017 through the union of IBA Molecular and Mallinckrodt Nuclear Medicine LLC. Curium is a world-class nuclear medicine solutions provider with over 100 years of combined industry experience. We are proud to service over 14 million patients worldwide each year and strive to provide best-in-class quality products and exceptional, reliable service.
Our diverse group of industry experts is unified under one strong and singular focus – to develop, manufacture and supply SPECT, PET and therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals to customers around the globe. In fact, we have over 6,000 customers in over 70 countries world-wide.
At Curium, every single dose counts in helping doctors and patients diagnose and treat disease. That means every single employee counts toward meeting this unified objective to help each patient live “Life Forward”. We have an amazing team that lives by our core values every single day – integrity, commitment and collaboration. Our North American headquarters is in Maryland Heights, MO. Come grow with us!
The standard shift hours covered by this position are Monday – Thursday 5:30 am to 3:30 pm with overtime as required to ensure timely release of products. Hours are subject to change.
Summary of Position:
The Maryland Heights Cold Products Focus Factory (FF) produces non-radioactive, aseptically filled final product vials and syringes. In addition, the Cold Products FF also prepares terminally sterilized components used in the manufacturing processes of other areas in the Maryland Heights facility.
A Supervisor of Production at our Maryland Heights facility is responsible for ensuring accountability, transparency, and effective communication cross-functionally and within his/her team while ensuring information is timely, clear, and accurate. By coaching and developing his/her team to High Performance, he/she will foster a culture of team ownership that ensures compliance with all Corporate and Local policies, procedures and regulations.
While supervising in a cGMP environment, he/she must maintain operational compliance with U.S. and international regulatory agencies (i.e. FDA, NRC, BDB, DHSS, etc.). In addition, he/she must supply the highest level of both internal and external customer service. To effectively recognize and reward performance, the supervisor must measure and communicate the team’s progress against individual, team, and site goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
The CP Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising the operations associated with the manufacturing of a several key operations by supervising from the floor in the areas of clean up, set up, and operation of equipment by trained and qualified personnel. This position is also responsible for support activities such as maintenance and disinfection.
- Ensure proper coverage of production and to support process improvements.
- Ensure accountability, transparency, and effective communication cross-functionally and within the team while guaranteeing information is timely, clear, and accurate.
- Review and approve weekly departmental schedules and maintenance activities; work with multiple departments to ensure efficient scheduling and planning in order to meet the production plans.
- Ensure appropriate communication on production and project related matters with area management in a timely manner.
- Coach and develop the team to High Performance while fostering a culture of team ownership.
- Verify, review and make appropriate changes if needed, to any controlled document pertinent to your area of responsibility.
- Ensure all employees are in compliance with all policies, procedures, and site/company regulations.
- Set clear vision by ensuring goals and objectives are aligned with site strategies through performance management for each team member.
- Exhibit accountability and responsibility for an area or process in order to affect change and lead efforts and ideas to completion.
- Provide input on equipment installation, start-up, operation, and troubleshooting.
- Provide leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training and development; eliminate roadblocks in order for the team to move forward.
- Supply the highest level of internal and external customer service while having the ability to diplomatically challenge established procedures and systems.
- Understand and provide education and feedback to team regarding business and financial impact of decisions/actions.
- Lead and/or support all investigations, manufacturing exceptions, product failures, Root Cause Analyses, and customer complaints at the appropriate level with complete and comprehensive detail.
- Author, approve, and/or review all area quality and safety exceptions and investigation reports. Ensure on time completion of all corrective action items assigned to area.
- Manage the department’s overtime and ensure that all payroll exception reports are completed and submitted on time.
- Lead team in continuous improvement activities and take control when faced with adversity while incorporating team input.
- Measure and communicate team’s progress against individual, team, site goals, and KPIs.
- Communicates issues appropriately utilizing the area’s escalation plan.
- Spend 70% of your time on the production floor directly with employees and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering related field preferred.
- 5 years of overall experience required, experience in a cGMP environment required, preferably in manufacturing.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a Supervisory role preferred.
- Lean/Kaizen/Six Sigma experience preferred.
- Experience working with High Performance Teams
- Coaching & Implementing Autonomous Maintenance activities preferred.
- Experience with developing/documenting procedures required.
- Aseptic and/or terminal sterilization processing experience preferred.
- Prior experience leading projects and/or being a core team member preferred.
- Action oriented/drives for results
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team orientation/strong team player
- Ability to coach, mentor, and teach
- Excellent decision making, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Managerial courage
- Change agent with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Excellent conflict management skills
- Learning / Change Agility
- Builds positive relationships with others
- Excellent time management skills
- Technical writing skills
- Manages diversity
- Timely decision making
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point and Access)
- Advanced computer skills
Organizational Relationships / Scope:
Will work in conjunction with Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Validation, Safety, Distribution, Environmental Monitoring, Microbiology, Radiation Physics, Analytical, Maintenance, Engineering, Reclaim, Waste Management, Purchasing, Planning, Finance, Human Resources, and other Production Departments.
- Willingness to work in plant producing radioactive materials and requiring all employees to participate in safety programs designed to minimize potential and/or actual exposure levels.
- Standard office environment, coupled with time in manufacturing and laboratory environments.
- Must be willing to wear a variety of personal protective equipment.
- Willingness to work in a team based environment.
- Close attention to detail required.
- May be required to sit or stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- Must be able to work outside of regular work hours.
- Responsibilities also include the ability to lift, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, reach, and climb stairs, ladders and steps without accommodation.
- Must possess good hand-eye coordination.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Curium is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Posted on 19th October 2018
Posted on 21st September 2018
Posted on 21st September 2018
Posted on 20th July 2018
Posted on 16th July 2018