Posted on 3rd March 2019
SQL Database Administrator
Curium was formed in 2017 through the union of IBA Molecular and Mallinckrodt Nuclear Medicine LLC. Curium is a world-class nuclear medicine solutions provider with over 100 years of combined industry experience. We are proud to service over 14 million patients worldwide each year and strive to provide best-in-class quality products and exceptional, reliable service.
Our diverse group of industry experts is unified under one strong and singular focus – to develop, manufacture and supply SPECT, PET and therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals to customers around the globe. In fact, we have over 6,000 customers in over 70 countries world-wide.
At Curium, every single dose counts in helping doctors and patients diagnose and treat disease. That means every single employee counts toward meeting this unified objective to help each patient live “Life Forward”. We have an amazing team that lives by our core values every single day – integrity, commitment and collaboration. Come grow with us!
Summary of Position
We have established an EMEA Database team in Prague servicing all EMEA & US region operations and are seeking talented individuals with IT knowledge and excellent communication and customer service skills to join us. The position reports to the Global Service Delivery Manager and is part of the Database team who will be responsible for providing technology assistance to various Curium business functions located in the EMEA & US regions.
The SQL Database Administrator will be responsible for the design, development, creation, maintenance and monitoring of every MS SQL server database and other external/internal databases in development, Quality and production environments. Should be used in the cloud or on premise, located to a data center or internally. During Oracle DBA vacation the SQL Database Admin will be accountable for Oracle database emergencies.
- Database creations, data loading; development and management of operational procedures; environment management
- Performance tuning
- Database health (e.g. monitoring, proactive and reactive responses); resource planning
- Database upgrade and capacity planning
- Patching SQL related servers
- Backup and recovery strategy planning and implementations
- Environment transitions planning (development, test, q, production)
Managed department-overarching applications
- Provide practical support in tracing errors and answer questions from users
- Investigate problems, rectify faults, optimize possibilities and usage through recommendations
- Check the systems to ensure they are working correctly and the correct processing of the entered data
- Act as SQL Database Admin for the various production and logistical databases, with intensified attention to data security, corrections, storage and performance
- Set up, maintain and carry out qualification procedures (either alone or with others) in order to maintain in a validated condition a GMP system that is under the responsibility of IT
- Intervene with problems that arise
Compliance with regulations
- Comply with prevailing legal and company-specific procedures and regulations concerning quality, safety, health and the environment
- Experience working on 24/7 MS SQL server emergencies
- Extensive knowledge of business processes
- Knowledge of relational database management systems on Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of RDBMS security and recovery capabilities and techniques and of the functions and capabilities of a complex distributed computer environment
- Knowledge of current technical areas such as Database Management Systems (DBMS), multiple programming languages, operating systems, data dictionary concepts and DBMS utilities
- Knowledge of SQL server architecture and knowledge of general database concepts
- Knowledge of SQL Server backup/restore
- Knowledge of SQL Server security
- Knowledge of OLAP and OLTP environments
- Knowledge of Oracle databases
- Fluency in English
- Strong communication, planning and organizing skills
- Ability to cope with stress and to work independently
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- French Language
- Experience with GMP systems
The Curium location in Prague employs over 80 employees and functions in this location include Finance (AP, Treasury, Payroll, FP&A, GL), IT, HR, Sales Ops & Customer Service. The Prague offices are very modern, offering free coffee, tea, hot chocolates, water, fruits and vegetables on a daily basis. In addition, Meal Vouchers, annual bonus, Edenred Benefits Café Card (4 000 CZK net/month; in trial period 1 500 CZK net/month). Prague is a beautiful city offering amazing night life, architecture and culture and significantly cheaper cost of living than most big cities in Europe.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Curium is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Posted on 13th March 2019
Posted on 13th March 2019
Posted on 4th March 2019
Posted on 3rd March 2019
Posted on 25th October 2018
Posted on 20th September 2018