Posted on 4th March 2019
Service Desk & ITSM Project Manager
Curium was formed in 2017 through the union of IBA Molecular and Mallinckrodt Nuclear Medicine LLC. Curium is a world-class nuclear medicine solutions provider with over 100 years of combined industry experience. We are proud to service over 14 million patients worldwide each year and strive to provide best-in-class quality products and exceptional, reliable service.
Our diverse group of industry experts is unified under one strong and singular focus – to develop, manufacture and supply SPECT, PET and therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals to customers around the globe. In fact, we have over 6,000 customers in over 70 countries world-wide.
At Curium, every single dose counts in helping doctors and patients diagnose and treat disease. That means every single employee counts toward meeting this unified objective to help each patient live “Life Forward”. We have an amazing team that lives by our core values every single day – integrity, commitment and collaboration. Come grow with us!
Summary of Position
This Project Manager position reports to the Program Manager but is 100% aligned to and with a dotted line reporting relationship to the Director of IT Customer Service. This department has both Service Desk and IT Service Management responsibilities, including ServiceNow, the IT ticket system.
The focus of the position is to facilitate a more rapid rate of change in both the organizational maturity of ITSM at the Service Desk and in IT, and in the development of ServiceNow, particularly service catalog items. Specifically:
Represent Service Desk and ITSM requirements within Program Office projects
- Ensure timely involvement of ITSM and Service Desk resources in projects managed through the Program Office so each project scope and timeline provide for the activities required to ensure support preparedness upon implementation.
- Manage pilot and full deployments at end of projects, as required, especially where they involve end-user activities, preparedness and/or user communications.
Facilitate a more rapid rate of change in organizational maturity of ITSM and Service Desk operations
- Manage a wide breadth of initiatives where scope can range from implementing departmental SOPs to developing and implementing Curium-wide procedures.
- Working in conjunction with the ServiceNow Product Manager, ensure tracking and reporting on all activities involved in design, development and release of new products utilizing in an agile development methodology.
- Acting as single point of contact between Program Office Project Managers and Service Desk to ensure support requirements are incorporated into projects.
- Managing a constant and high rate of change involving Service Desk and IT support, the result of formal projects and departmental initiatives.
- Working as part of a team to build and manage agile processes for facilitating organizational change and application development activities.
- Leading and participating in influencing change and maturation of Curium’s IT Service Management disciplines, across all IT teams.
- Anticipating and proactively managing risks and issues. Escalating issues that cannot be resolved in a timely manner.
- Leading deployment efforts.
- Building project management skills within the department.
- 5 years direct experience of designing, managing and implementing projects in multinational matrix organizations
- Knowledge of and skill in using Microsoft Office suite, specifically, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Proven numeracy and business analysis skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (correspondence, reports, protocols, etc.)
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed team environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Track record of success in an agile environment
- Previous experience in technical support environment
- Ability to effectively run/facilitate meeting/group discussions
- Proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Ability in lead via influence and persuasion
- Experienced working in a virtual environment using video, skype or other technologies to effectively manage people and projects.
- Other Skills:
- Fluency in English plus 1 other major European language
- Travelling: 30% max
- Educated to degree level in Business or Engineering
- PMP or IPMA certification
- ITIL certification
- Knowledge of infrastructure operations and projects
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of and coaches others in the appropriate application of compliance with applicable SOPs/DOPs and policies.
- Knowledge of MS Project is an advantage
- Ability to provide clear direction and guidance to others
- Strong leader and coach
- Experience developing personnel
The Curium location in Prague employs over 80 employees and functions in this location include Finance (AP, Treasury, Payroll, FP&A, GL), IT, HR, Sales Ops & Customer Service. The Prague offices are very modern, offering free coffee, tea, hot chocolates, water, fruits and vegetables on a daily basis. In addition, Meal Vouchers, annual bonus, Edenred Benefits Café Card (4 000 CZK net/month; in trial period 1 500 CZK net/month). Prague is a beautiful city offering amazing night life, architecture and culture and significantly cheaper cost of living than most big cities in Europe.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Curium is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Posted on 3rd March 2019