Posted on 13th January 2019
Senior Technology Transfer Chemist
Hiring multiple positions at various levels based on experience and education level
Curium was formed in 2017 through the union of IBA Molecular and Mallinckrodt Nuclear Medicine LLC. Curium is a world-class nuclear medicine solutions provider with over 100 years of combined industry experience. We are proud to service over 14 million patients worldwide each year and strive to provide best-in-class quality products and exceptional, reliable service.
Our diverse group of industry experts is unified under one strong and singular focus – to develop, manufacture and supply SPECT, PET and therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals to customers around the globe. In fact, we have over 6,000 customers in over 70 countries world-wide.
At Curium, every single dose counts in helping doctors and patients diagnose and treat disease. That means every single employee counts toward meeting this unified objective to help each patient live “Life Forward”. We have an amazing team that lives by our core values every single day – integrity, commitment and collaboration. Our North American headquarters is in Maryland Heights, MO. Come grow with us!
Summary of Position:
The Senior Technology Transfer Chemist position will report into the Director of R&D – Technology Transfer. The successful candidate will serve as a key functional core team member and will support or may serve in a lead role, and will be required to coordinate a smooth technology transfer of processes from initial product conception to cGMP manufacture.
- This individual will interface with research, QC, process development, and manufacturing.
- This position may entail preparing documents related to CMC aspects for regulatory submissions.
- Support R&D projects, life cycle management.
- Types of compounds expected are liquids, gases, and solids of radioactive and non-radioactive materials.
- This role has responsibility for adding additional techniques to their expertise that provide back-up capability for the R&D organization.
- Ability to manage and prioritize several projects in parallel is key.
- Experience with the full lifecycle for pharmaceutical drug development is highly desired.
- Oversight, scheduling, planning and reviewing of new process development and tech transfer experiments.
- Experience analyzing processes for improved recoveries, through-put and scalability, and utilization of product formulation technologies to establish and optimize new processes for incorporation into product manufacturing.
- Achievement of a PhD, Master Degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience, or Bachelor Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biology, Life Sciences, or related field with a minimum of 5 years of industry experience required.
- Radiopharmaceutical experience highly preferred and pharmaceutical development (small / large / biological) experience required.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience is required with a strong familiarity with cGMP, FDA, USP, NRC, and ICH guidelines.
- Behavioral requirements for success in this position include: self-starter, strong work ethic, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The successful candidate must have the ability to successfully support and potentially manage multiple analytical projects and contribute to team based investigations.
- Candidate must be willing to wear a variety of personal protective equipment.
- Willingness to work in plant producing radioactive materials and requiring all employees to participate in safety programs designed to minimize potential and/or actual exposure levels.
- Responsibilities also include the ability to lift, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, reach, and climb stairs without accommodation.
- Must possess good hand-eye coordination.
- Potential of 10% overnight travel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Curium is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Posted on 13th January 2019
Posted on 25th October 2018