Posted on 28th January 2019
Senior IT Project Manager
Summary of Position
The Senior IT Project Manager is responsible for the management of one or more projects. The incumbent must have a thorough understanding of project management methodologies and the ability to execute same in strict accordance with the Curium standards. S/he will interact with business partners and cross-functional teams to ensure project objectives are achieved on time and within budget and may be required to travel on some projects.
Senior IT Project Managers are expected to report progress to all stakeholders, identify early warning signs, and effectively communicate status and trend of their projects. In addition, Senior IT Project Managers escalate issues to executive steering committee members, facilitate decision making, document decisions, and communicate direction to project team accordingly.
We’re looking more specifically for a Senior IT Project Manager that would deploy quickly several critical applications in different countries. Critical tasks would include:
- Correct scoping of the projects with detailed lists of all the tasks to be done,
- Synchronization and motivation of the local IT teams in order to meet the deadlines,
- Good and clear communications to the end-users and to the IT top management.
French speaking would be a plus and several trips to the different countries will be mandatory.
- Manage project plan, track dependencies, address constraints, resolve resource conflicts, assess impacts to plan, obtain estimates to complete, forecast use of funds, ensure adherence to SDLC/processes, report progress against plan
- Develop and execute project communications plan, facilitate team meetings, participate in key meetings that directly or indirectly impact the project, keep project stakeholders informed, prepare for and conduct executive steering committee meetings
- Gather content from respective project team members to complete interim and final deliverables, present deliverables required at respective gates throughout the project life cycle, obtain sign-off and approvals to proceed for stakeholders, maintain project team repository of deliverables, reference materials, and documentation, prepare change requests as agreed to by project team and obtain signatures from project owner and sponsor
- Prepare weekly status reports, track open issues; update risks (probability, severity, and impact) and mitigation plans, participate in PMO meetings with other Project Managers to identify potential dependencies or constraints
- Manage project budget, maintain financial plan, track actuals vs. plan, provide monthly forecasts, report monthly accruals
- Monitor and report to IT and process/function owner on the status of multiple concurrent project efforts
- Provide analytical expertise within an assigned business unit/area, in the analysis, design, and development of business applications
- Develop business relationships and integrates activities with other local IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts
- Evaluate application software packages and make recommendations to management
- Participate with other IT members, customers, and other stake holders in new product reviews, tests and pilots
- Collect and analyze business requirements for large, multifunctional projects
- Lead project teams through feasibility studies, translating requirements into an appropriate design
- Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and IT colleagues to meet expected customer service levels
- Bachelor’s degree in IT management, computer science or related discipline OR equivalent work experience and technical training
- Minimum of seven (7) years of information technology experience with at least five (5) years in a project management or supervisory/management role
- Leadership skills that engage multidiscipline work teams to respond to business needs
- Excellent project management skills, with experience in organizing, planning, and executing large-scale projects from vision to implementation involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors
- Excellent human resource management skills
- Strong business knowledge, with hands-on experience in defining business requirements and translating them into technical solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Great teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on cross-functional project teams and foster team commitment to tasks
- Knowledge of cross functional project management techniques
- Must have ability to master all project management fundamentals (scope, budget, schedule, reporting, risk management, etc.); PMI or Prince2 certification is a plus
- Must be highly organized, responsive, reliable and pro-active
- Self-starter, requiring minimal supervision
- Must possess excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills, capable of providing cross-functional team briefings as needed
- Must have the ability to manage support teams in a matrix environment, be pro-active with a continuous improvement mind set, motivate and generate results through influence
Be resourceful, take responsibility, live our values and you’ll have a lot to look forward to. If you’d feel at home in a culture of empowerment and are inspired by the idea of helping us chart our own course and aggressively pursue growth, you’ll share in the success you help generate. Along with the chance to learn quickly and build your profile in a global company, you can expect everything from a competitive salary to a performance-related bonus to comprehensive benefits. Better still, you’ll be helping us transform lives.
The Curium location in Prague employs over 80 employees and functions in this location include Finance (AP, Treasury, Payroll, FP&A, GL), IT, HR, Sales Ops & Customer Service. The Prague offices are very modern, offering free coffee, tea, hot chocolates, water, fruits and vegetables on a daily basis. In addition, Meal Vouchers, annual bonus, Edenred Benefits Café Card (4 000 CZK net/month; in trial period 1 500 CZK net/month), 5 weeks of vacation, 5 sick days per year, referral program, contributions to ACCA, contributions to accident and life insurance, contributions to pension (3% from salary). Prague is a beautiful city offering amazing night life, architecture and culture and significantly cheaper cost of living than most big cities in Europe.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Curium is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Posted on 25th October 2018
Posted on 20th September 2018
Posted on 24th June 2018
Posted on 8th February 2018