Posted on 5th April 2019
Senior Financial Accountant
Curium was formed in 2017 through the union of IBA Molecular and Mallinckrodt Nuclear Medicine LLC. Curium is a world-class nuclear medicine solutions provider with over 100 years of combined industry experience. We are proud to service over 14 million patients worldwide each year and strive to provide best-in-class quality products and exceptional, reliable service.
Our diverse group of industry experts is unified under one strong and singular focus – to develop, manufacture and supply SPECT, PET and therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals to customers around the globe. In fact, we have over 6,000 customers in over 70 countries world-wide.
At Curium, every single dose counts in helping doctors and patients diagnose and treat disease. That means every single employee counts toward meeting this unified objective to help each patient live “Life Forward”. We have an amazing team that lives by our core values every single day – integrity, commitment and collaboration. Come grow with us!
Summary of Position
We are looking for an experienced Senior Financial Accountant to be responsible for the accounting operations of one or more legal entities. This includes the maintenance of accounting records and internal control processes, production of monthly financial and regulatory reporting, and coordination of the annual financial and regulatory audits. This role also ensures company accounting policies and procedures conform to financial and regulatory reporting requirements.
This Position Will Be Interesting For You If:
- You want to have a complex and challenging accounting position where to apply your accounting background – this is not a limited process-oriented job.
- You want full ownership and responsibility of the whole accounting for your entity, from A to Z (including preparation of statutory accounts, financial statements, preparation of VAT returns or leading responsibility for all audit requests).
- You want to be part of a stable team of accountants.
- You are attracted by a growing and diverse international office environment.
- Manage all financial accounting activities for business operations within EMEA Region.
- Perform month end closing activities such as account reconciliation, revenue accounting, expense accounting, etc.
- To administer VAT returns and any other local regulatory compliance items
- Close cooperation with internal and external partners (auditors, tax advisors, local authorities, other departments of the company and others)
- Manage the statutory accounts production and compliance processes ensuring adherence to statutory requirements and deadlines. Manage year-end audit.
- Manage the tax compliance processes (for corporation tax, VAT) ensuring adherence to statutory requirements and deadlines, including liaison with advisors
- Ensure financial records comply with company policies and accounting principles.
- Involvement in projects (European and Global) as directed by the Finance Manager
- Cooperate with other financial functions cross company, especially AP, Cash collection and Commercial finance teams
- Responsibility for the completion and review of internal and external reporting
- 5+ years of accounting / tax or audit experience
- Experience with reporting of US GAAP/IFRS and preparation of statutory financial statements
- Proven experience with VAT returns preparation
- Experience being the first point of contact for auditors
- Ability and willingness to use English (our company language) on a daily basis
- Legally allowed to work in the Czech Republic
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Business Acumen
- Priority setting and planning
- Functional Technical Skills
- Comfortable working with senior managers
- Peer Relationships / Cross cultural respect
- Judgment/Problem Solving
- Drive for Results
- Time management
- Integrity & Trust
- Customer Focus
- 5 weeks of vacation
- 5 sick days per year
- Cafeteria 4 000 CZK/month net (in trial period 1 500 CZK/month)
- Meal vouchers
- Referral program
- Contributions to ACCA
- Contributions to accident and life insurance
- Contributions to pension (3% from salary)
- Refreshments at the workplace
Be resourceful, take responsibility, live our values and you’ll have a lot to look forward to. If you’d feel at home in a culture of empowerment and are inspired by the idea of helping us chart our own course and aggressively pursue growth, you’ll share in the success you help generate. Along with the chance to learn quickly and build your profile in a global company, you can expect everything from a competitive salary to a performance-related bonus to comprehensive benefits. Better still, you’ll be helping us transform lives.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Curium is an equal opportunity employer and believes everyone deserves respect, dignity and equality. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.