Posted on 18th June 2020
Curium is the world’s largest nuclear medicine company with more than a century of industry experience. We develop, manufacture and distribute world-class radiopharmaceutical products to help patients around the globe. Our proven heritage combined with a pioneering approach are the hallmarks to deliver innovation, excellence and unparalleled service.
With manufacturing facilities across Europe and the United States, Curium delivers SPECT, PET and therapeutic radiopharmaceutical solutions for life-threatening diseases to over 14 million patients annually. The name ‘Curium’ honors the legacy of pioneering radioactive researchers Marie and Pierre Curie, after whom the radioactive element curium was named and emphasizes our focus on nuclear medicine. The tagline ‘Life Forward’ represents our commitment to securing a brighter future for all those we serve: An enhanced quality of care for our patients. A trusted partner to our customers. A supportive employer to our valued team.
Summary of Position
The Senior Chemist – R&D Process Chemistry position reports to the Senior Director of R&D for Process Chemistry. The successful candidate serves as a key functional extended team member on New Product Development teams, supporting the design of new pharmaceuticals through chemical synthesis, radiolabeling, purification, etc.
- Execute development activities to advance final drug candidates (Phase 3) to commercialization. Products include radiopharmaceuticals and related cold kits. Design and execute development activities to support CMC generation for NDA/ANDA submissions.
- Provide technical support for existing radiopharmaceutical, isotope and related cold kit processes.
- This role has responsibility for adding additional techniques to their expertise that provide back-up capability for the R&D organization.
- Familiarity of analytical techniques used to support drug development, including radiochemical analytical methods.
- Creates and executes experimental plans, either as independent activities or part of a larger product development plan. Creates supporting documentation, including protocols, reports and regulatory documents. Provides solutions to complex multi-step problems.
- Experienced communicator, ability to work cross functionally inside and outside the organization.
- Participates in collaborative engagement with the external scientific community
- Achievement of a PhD, Master Degree or Bachelor Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, or related field with a minimum of five years combined post-baccalaureate applicable experience in academia and/or industry.
- Experience in development and production of radiopharmaceuticals, cyclotron-based isotopes, and/or diagnostic cold kits. Familiarity with SPECT and PET imaging modalities.
- Experience with lyophilization and aseptic processing is desirable.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience is desirable with a familiarity of cGMP, FDA, USP, NRC, and ICH guidelines.
- Behavioral requirements for success in this position include: self-starter, strong work ethic, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and able to collaborate as part of a team.
- The successful candidate must be able to support and potentially manage multiple simultaneous projects and contribute to team based investigations.
- Employee must be willing to wear a variety of personal protective equipment.
- Employee must be able to work safely in a chemical laboratory, handling hazardous chemicals including radioactive isotopes.
- Willingness to work in a plant producing radioactive materials and requiring all employees to participate in safety programs designed to minimize potential and/or actual exposure levels. Ability to conduct personal and area radiation surveys, control radioactive contamination through good laboratory practices and effectively decontaminate radioactive work areas.
- Responsibilities also include the ability to lift, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, reach, and climb stairs without accommodation.
- Must possess good hand-eye coordination.
- Potential of 10% overnight travel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Curium is an equal opportunity employer and believes everyone deserves respect, dignity and equality. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Posted on 18th June 2020