Posted on 11th July 2019
Senior Business Controller
Curium was formed in 2017 through the union of IBA Molecular and Mallinckrodt Nuclear Medicine LLC. Curium is a world-class nuclear medicine solutions provider with over 100 years of combined industry experience. We are proud to service over 14 million patients worldwide each year and strive to provide best-in-class quality products and exceptional, reliable service.
Our diverse group of industry experts is unified under one strong and singular focus – to develop, manufacture and supply SPECT, PET and therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals to customers around the globe. In fact, we have over 6,000 customers in over 70 countries world-wide.
At Curium, every single dose counts in helping doctors and patients diagnose and treat disease. That means every single employee counts toward meeting this unified objective to help each patient live “Life Forward”. We have an amazing team that lives by our core values every single day – integrity, commitment and collaboration. Come grow with us!
Summary of Position
The Senior Business Controller is a member of the Finance Shared Services Department for Nuclear medicine and is mainly responsible for financial planning, reporting, and ongoing performance analysis. This person will be responsible for developing accurate, timely, and comprehensive financial reports.
The position will support the Controlling Team Leader in designing, creating and maintaining templates for regular reports and ad-hoc financial and analytical support if required.
This Position Will Be Interesting For You If:
- You like working with figures, databases and performing different analyses.
- You can imagine yourself working in a flexible and changing work environment.
- You want to participate in projects related to, for example, system implementation or process improvement.
- You would like to apply your previous knowledge and experience to implement best practices and streamline reporting processes.
- You enjoy working in an international environment.
- Participate in the annual budgeting process (as well as the quarterly forecast updates), including data coordination, assembly and analysis.
- Maintain and develop various financial models and standardized templates to support planning process
Actuals and regular reporting of results
- Perform monthly Income Statement analysis to ensure correctness and reliability of data as well as that proper accounting procedures have been followed
- Prepare and develop monthly, as well as ad hoc, financial and business-related analyses and researches
- Investigate and report to the Manager any inconsistencies or improprieties, Coordinate with accounting in processing actuals versus budget
· Prepare financial reports, charts, tables and other exhibits as requested
FP&A Reporting efficiency / Ad hoc projects
- Maintenance of data in reporting system (HFM), performing of reconciliations and ad hoc analysis if requested.
- Ability to lead projects concerning new processes/ system implementation in cooperation with TL.
- Being first point of contact for issues and inquiries and request for data or support on special or ad hoc projects.
- Continuously improve FP&A reports, recurring and ad-hoc, dashboards, and analytics. Evolve reporting capabilities through continuous initiative and improvement of reporting efficiency.
- Identify non-value-added processes within the department and seek solutions.
- Mine, analyze, synthesize, and interpret data from multiple data sources to build a comprehensive picture of trends that are considered when developing future strategies.
- Finance, Accounting, or related Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 3- 5 years of Business Controlling experience
- Experience with HFM or similar reporting system
- Advanced MS Office package (especially Excel) and strong knowledge/understanding of accounting principles as well as experience with of general ledger systems
- Demonstrate insightful use of financial analysis techniques, tools, and concepts
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain high quality of output
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet strict deadlines. Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to look for, identify, and resolve data discrepancies
- Problem-solving skills to optimize the entire suite of available data to best answer questions
- Comfort working with senior leaders internationally; ability to maintain composure and strict confidentiality with privileged information and serve as a business partner
- Good level of English
- You should be legally allowed to work in the Czech Republic to apply
- 5 weeks of vacation
- 5 sick days per year
- Cafeteria 4 000 CZK/month net (in trial period 1 500 CZK/month)
- Meal vouchers
- Referral program
- Contributions to ACCA
- Contributions to accident and life insurance
- Contributions to pension (3% from salary)
- Refreshments at the workplace
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Curium is an equal opportunity employer and believes everyone deserves respect, dignity and equality. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.