Posted on 3rd June 2019
Senior Area Business Manager – Southwest Territory
Curium was formed in 2017 through the union of IBA Molecular and Mallinckrodt Nuclear Medicine LLC. Curium is a world-class nuclear medicine solutions provider with over 100 years of combined industry experience. We are proud to service over 14 million patients worldwide each year and strive to provide best-in-class quality products and exceptional, reliable service.
Our diverse group of industry experts is unified under one strong and singular focus – to develop, manufacture and supply SPECT, PET and therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals to customers around the globe. In fact, we have over 6,000 customers in over 70 countries world-wide.
At Curium, every single dose counts in helping doctors and patients diagnose and treat disease. That means every single employee counts toward meeting this unified objective to help each patient live “Life Forward”. We have an amazing team that lives by our core values every single day – integrity, commitment and collaboration. Come grow with us!
Summary of Position
This position manages an assigned territory of accounts in the U.S., consisting of radiopharmacies, hospitals and outpatient centers. Responsibilities include direct selling efforts, B2B sales, and clinical interactions with physicians and clinicians regarding product details, contract management, implementation of Marketing plans and other account maintenance activities for an assigned territory. Curium is currently seeking qualified candidates in the Southwest for several Area Business Manager roles.
This position also includes regional duties as assigned by the Director of Sales, to include participation in local and national Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging meetings, medical meetings (in areas of Oncology, Gastroenterology, Radiology and Nuclear Medicine) and other conferences relevant to our customers and our industry.
- Successfully manage the selling process in all assigned call points
- Develop and execute growth-centered business plans
- Develop and implement plans to maintain and protect market share in assigned territory
- Manage communications to ensure territory success and customer satisfaction
- Responsible for financial objectives of Nuclear Medicine products
- Utilize all available resources in an efficient, cost effective manner to optimize the Sales process (Marketing programs, tools, personnel, clinical support, training)
- Educate customers on product features, benefits and applications within guidelines
- Share best practices, new opportunities, competitive strategies and market intelligence with other Area Business Managers as well as Marketing team members
- Manage expense budget for assigned territory
- Adhere to all company financial, administrative and ethical guidelines
- Assist in recruitment and training of newly hired employees
- Provide coverage in Director of Sales and other Area Business Manager’s absence
- Provide field expertise to assist Marketing with special projects
- Travel beyond territory boundaries to assist with Sales and customer education efforts
- Perform additional duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor Degree required, advanced degree or MBA preferred
- Five or more years of healthcare industry work experience is required
- Three or more years of Sales experience in the healthcare industry is required
- Knowledge and understanding of the Nuclear Medicine industry is preferred
- Clinical experience preferred
- In-depth knowledge of supply chain, manufacturing, transportation and distribution preferred
- Working knowledge of nuclear pharmacy operations and hospital hot-lab management preferred
- Specialized pharmaceutical and/or medical device sales experience a plus
- Thorough understanding of selling, negotiation and customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand and manage financial solutions
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer expertise and business application preferred
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Travel as required to support the customer base and business goals
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Curium is an equal opportunity employer and believes everyone deserves respect, dignity and equality. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.