Posted on 8th February 2018
Senior Application Project Manager – Information Technology
Summary of Position
The Senior Application Project Manager is responsible for definition, management, implementation, and reporting of major initiatives and project across EMEA. He/She must ensure that
- projects are properly designed,
- the scope is clear, well documented and approved. Any scope change to follow the dedicated approval process before being considered,
- the project structure (Steering Ctee, Project leadership group, sponsors, key users, …) is well designed, in place and involved adequately,
- risks are identified properly, reviewed regularly and considered, tracking process is in place, and regular reporting done in time,
- adequate human resources related to special expertise or technical support are secured
- agreed budget in place
Lead the initiative through the different phases up to post-implementation review, ensuring the highest possible standards in the execution, a sustained drive to the multidisciplinary team involved, and a high performing and results oriented mindset. This is a senior role and the candidate is expected to build strong relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Managing multiple business projects and initiatives from initiation and start-up to review and close
- Ensuring that projects are delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality specifications
- Anticipating and proactively managing any project risks or issues. Escalating any issues that cannot be resolved to the appropriate project sponsor
- Working with respective groups in developing and implementing project scope, schedules and cost estimates and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Incorporating operation business data (sales, financial, etc.) into an overall project application for approval of funds
- Working with end users to define problems areas or improvement needs
- When applicable, researching alternatives and identify costs, benefits and risk
- Providing accurate updates on project schedule, costs and spending forecasts, according to corporate calendar
- Reviewing deliverables and ensuring that any lessons learned are documented and disseminated in the organization
- Educated to degree level in Business or Engineering
- 5 years direct experience of designing, managing and implementing projects in multinational matrix organizations
- At least 3 years of recent experience of managing project people
- In-depth experience implementing ERP systems (preferably Oracle E1) is necessary
- Knowledge of infrastructure operations and projects
- Knowledge of and skill in using Microsoft Office suite, specifically, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Proven numeracy and business analysis skills
- PMP or IPMA certification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (correspondence, reports, protocols, etc.)
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed team environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Previous experience in Pharmaceutical or Healthcare environment
- Ability to effectively run/facilitate meeting/group discussions
- Fluency in English plus 1 other major European language
- Travelling: 30% max
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of and coaches others in the appropriate application of compliance with applicable SOPs/DOPs and policies.
- Basic knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practice/ICH Guidelines and other applicable regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of MS Project is an advantage
- Understanding of US and EU regulatory processes and issues in drug submission dossier
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to provide clear direction and guidance to others
- Strong leader and coach
- Experience developing personnel
- Ability in lead via influence and persuasion
- Experienced working in a virtual environment using video, skype or other technologies to effectively manage people and projects.
Organizational Relationships / Scope
- Report to the corporate PMO
The Curium location in Prague employs over 80 employees and functions in this location include Finance (AP, Treasury, Payroll, FP&A, GL), IT, HR, Sales Ops & Customer Service. The Prague offices are very modern, offering free coffee, tea, hot chocolates, water, fruits and vegetables on a daily basis. In addition, Meal Vouchers, annual bonus, Edenred Benefits Café Card (4 000 CZK net/month; in trial period 1 500 CZK net/month). Prague is a beautiful city offering amazing night life, architecture and culture and significantly cheaper cost of living than most big cities in Europe.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Curium is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Posted on 28th January 2019
Posted on 25th October 2018
Posted on 20th September 2018