Posted on 30th January 2020
Senior Analytical Chemist
Curium is the world’s largest nuclear medicine company with more than a century of industry experience. We develop, manufacture and distribute world-class radiopharmaceutical products to help patients around the globe. Our proven heritage combined with a pioneering approach are the hallmarks to deliver innovation, excellence and unparalleled service.
With manufacturing facilities across Europe and the United States, Curium delivers SPECT, PET and therapeutic radiopharmaceutical solutions for life-threatening diseases to over 14 million patients annually. The name ‘Curium’ honors the legacy of pioneering radioactive researchers Marie and Pierre Curie, after whom the radioactive element curium was named and emphasizes our focus on nuclear medicine. The tagline ‘Life Forward’ represents our commitment to securing a brighter future for all those we serve: An enhanced quality of care for our patients. A trusted partner to our customers. A supportive employer to our valued team.
Summary of Position
The Senior Analytical Chemist position will report into the Director of Analytical R&D. The successful candidate will serve as a key functional core team member and will support or may serve in a lead role, and will be required to perform characterization work utilizing multiple analytical techniques, including proficiency with some of the following instrumentation…
Alpha & Gamma Spec
- Use analytical techniques to support R&D projects, customer complaint investigations, and analytical support for the Quality & Regulatory organizations. Types of samples expected are liquids, gases, and solids of radioactive and non-radioactive materials.
- Assist with method development and validation, as well as compendium assessments and verifications.
- Support new product development and life cycle management of existing products as needed.
- Achievement of a PhD, Master Degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience, or Bachelor Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biology, Life Sciences, or related field with a minimum of 5 years of industry experience required.
- Radiopharmaceutical experience and pharmaceutical development (small / large / biological) experience highly preferred.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience is highly preferred with a strong familiarity with cGMP, FDA, USP, NRC, and ICH guidelines.
- Behavioral requirements for success in this position include: self-starter, strong work ethic, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The successful candidate must have the ability to successfully support and potentially manage multiple analytical projects and contribute to team based investigations.
- Candidate must be willing to wear a variety of personal protective equipment.
- Willingness to work in plant producing radioactive materials and requiring all employees to participate in safety programs designed to minimize potential and/or actual exposure levels.
- Responsibilities also include the ability to lift, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, reach, and climb stairs without accommodation.
- Must possess good hand-eye coordination.
- Potential of 10% overnight travel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Curium is an equal opportunity employer and believes everyone deserves respect, dignity and equality. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.