Posted on 27th February 2020
Regional Sales Manager – Northeast Territory
Curium is the world’s largest nuclear medicine company with more than a century of industry experience. We develop, manufacture and distribute world-class radiopharmaceutical products to help patients around the globe. Our proven heritage combined with a pioneering approach are the hallmarks to deliver innovation, excellence and unparalleled service.
With manufacturing facilities across Europe and the United States, Curium delivers SPECT, PET and therapeutic radiopharmaceutical solutions for life-threatening diseases to over 14 million patients annually. The name ‘Curium’ honors the legacy of pioneering radioactive researchers Marie and Pierre Curie, after whom the radioactive element curium was named and emphasizes our focus on nuclear medicine. The tagline ‘Life Forward’ represents our commitment to securing a brighter future for all those we serve: An enhanced quality of care for our patients. A trusted partner to our customers. A supportive employer to our valued team.
Summary of Position
The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for directing, managing, and developing a team of Oncology/Nuclear Medicine Account Managers in the U.S. Primary responsibilities will include sales, account management, team development, contracting, implementation of business plans, product promotion, training and administrative duties for an assigned region. The Regional Sales Manager will collaborate cross-functionally with Marketing, Customer Service, Medical Affairs, Legal and other stakeholders to ensure regional goals are aligned and achieved. This position will also require participation in local, regional or national medical meetings (in the areas of Oncology, Gastroenterology, Radiology, Nuclear Medicine and others) in order to develop long-term relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and other important decision makers in hospitals, cancer centers, and physician offices.
- Effectively hires, trains and executes a Sales plan to achieve or exceed financial targets
- Develops and executes a regional business plan including sales plans, detailed customer analyses, distribution strategies, business development, and competitive analyses
- Aids in the successful addition of new Curium products to assigned hospital formularies
- Develops and implements plans for sales representatives to meet established goals
- Trains sales representatives in product information and selling techniques
- Spends approximately 70% to 80% of time working in the field, one-on-one with sales representatives and customers (which may include Physicians, Nurses, Nuclear Medicine Technologists, Radiation Safety Officers, Pharmacists, Department Managers, Procurement, Reimbursement Specialists, etc.)
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with neuroendocrine tumor (NETs) networks, KOLs and advocacy groups
- Partners with Managed Care personnel to pull-through managed care opportunities and communicate payer gaps
- Manages communication to ensure region success and customer satisfaction
- Coaches and motivates sales representatives to achieve goals through individual and team activities
- Manages and evaluates sales representative performance on an ongoing basis and implements corrective actions as needed to achieve business objectives
- Monitors, analyzes and reports competitive activity, trends in customer purchasing patterns and local/regional health care issues
- Develops and manages budgets
- Executes appropriate distribution strategies to meet customer requirements
- Completes other administrative and management functions in a timely manner
- Adheres to company financial, administrative and ethical guidelines
- Perform additional duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Life Sciences or a business-related discipline), advanced degree of MBA preferred
- Five or more years of Sales or Sales Management experience in hospitals, academic medical centers, oncology and/or specialized pharmaceutical areas
- Strong knowledge of oncology, NETs products, nuclear medicine, contracting processes and complex hospital environments is preferred
- Track record of proven Sales success in consecutive years
- Thorough understanding of selling, negotiation and customer service skills
- Ability to bring together cross-functional teams and influence/motivate others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills preferred
- Travel as required to support the customer base and business goals
This is a field based Sales Management position requiring management of direct reports and frequent travel, including some weekends, within an assigned territory.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Curium is an equal opportunity employer and believes everyone deserves respect, dignity and equality. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.