Posted on 30th January 2020
Quality Control Technician IV
Curium is the world’s largest nuclear medicine company with more than a century of industry experience. We develop, manufacture and distribute world-class radiopharmaceutical products to help patients around the globe. Our proven heritage combined with a pioneering approach are the hallmarks to deliver innovation, excellence and unparalleled service.
With manufacturing facilities across Europe and the United States, Curium delivers SPECT, PET and therapeutic radiopharmaceutical solutions for life-threatening diseases to over 14 million patients annually. The name ‘Curium’ honors the legacy of pioneering radioactive researchers Marie and Pierre Curie, after whom the radioactive element curium was named and emphasizes our focus on nuclear medicine. The tagline ‘Life Forward’ represents our commitment to securing a brighter future for all those we serve: An enhanced quality of care for our patients. A trusted partner to our customers. A supportive employer to our valued team.
Summary of Position
Perform assigned laboratory testing and related quality control activities in order to ensure compliance with applicable SOP’s and cGMPs. Provide timely testing and notification of any aberrant occurrence to Management/Supervision that presents potential negative impact to manufactured or marketed product. May supervise the work of others and coordinate instrumentation use and completion of laboratory testing. Work under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. This is an overnight position working directly with radioactive materials.
- Ensure a safe and quality working environment through training, awareness, and compliance to Safety/Quality guidelines and SOPs.
- Ensure the maintenance of their department, premises, and equipment.
- Ensure that all necessary training is carried out to perform all the assigned tasks confidently and consistently.
- Perform all work in compliance with site safety and radiation protection guidelines.
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure that quality tasks are performed in a timely manner.
- Must demonstrate flexibility in adjusting to changing priorities and schedules.
- Attend mandatory training as required by site regulatory requirements and management.
- Assist with investigations by providing testing results and communication of practice(s).
- Assist in the training and development of employees.
- Perform other general duties associated with the position as required by supervision.
- Associate’s Degree. Bachelor’s degree in life science or a related field preferred.
- 6-8 years of general quality / quality control / production experience in a cGMP facility required.
- Proficient in the use of several of the following laboratory instruments: Analytical Balance, pH meter, automatic pipettes, FTIR, UV-Vis, Voltammeter, Autotitrator, HPLC, GC, IC, ICP, Flame AA, TOC, Conductivity meter.
- Ability to work independently and with others to accomplish goals and priorities.
- Flexibility and teamwork skills.
- High level of energy and regular, consistent attendance.
- Willingness to work in a plant producing radioactive materials and requiring all employees to participate in safety programs designed to minimize potential and/or actual exposure levels.
- Responsibilities also include the ability to lift up to 70 pounds, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, reach, and climb stairs without accommodation.
- Must be willing to wear a variety of personal protective equipment.
- Willingness to work in a team-based environment.
- Close attention to detail required.
- May be required to sit or stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- Must be able to work outside of regular work hours.
- Must possess good hand-eye coordination.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Curium is an equal opportunity employer and believes everyone deserves respect, dignity and equality. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Posted on 11th November 2019