Posted on 11th April 2019
Procurement Engineer – Supply Chain
Curium was formed in 2017 through the union of IBA Molecular and Mallinckrodt Nuclear Medicine LLC. Curium is a world-class nuclear medicine solutions provider with over 100 years of combined industry experience. We are proud to service over 14 million patients worldwide each year and strive to provide best-in-class quality products and exceptional, reliable service.
Our diverse group of industry experts is unified under one strong and singular focus – to develop, manufacture and supply SPECT, PET and therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals to customers around the globe. In fact, we have over 6,000 customers in over 70 countries world-wide.
At Curium, every single dose counts in helping doctors and patients diagnose and treat disease. That means every single employee counts toward meeting this unified objective to help each patient live “Life Forward”. We have an amazing team that lives by our core values every single day – integrity, commitment and collaboration. Come grow with us!
Summary of Position
Develop and assist leading supply chain New Product Development (NPD) and Maintenance of Business (MOB) initiatives and activities, including all aspects of supply chain procurement, material cost reduction, supplier negotiations, quality and delivery improvements and supply base reduction projects.
- Coordinates new project preparation in cooperation with NPD teams and other departments to ensure timely execution of supply chain activities.
- Secures and analyzes quotations, negotiates price and terms with suppliers, and recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality, and delivery competitiveness
- Works directly with current and prospective suppliers to determine supply capabilities, transportation logistics, etc.
- Assists in all relevant X-functional stakeholders around assigned projects and maintenance of business
- Assists all Procurement activity related to NPD
- Support manager in meeting departmental goals and implementing cost saving ideas.
- Coordinates quality issues and engineering changes/developments between company activities and suppliers.
- Ensures early supplier involvement in Product Design Process
- Executes all related supply chain metrics with respect to strategic sourcing and new product development.
- Visit supplier’s facilities as necessary to qualify them as new sources and assist in resolution of production, design, quality, and/or delivery problems.
- Bachelor of Science degree with emphasis on Engineering (preferred), Supply Chain or Business
- Minimum 3 years of supply chain experience required overall
- Project management experience required.
- Experience in a regulated industry preferred
- Strong Excel and Microsoft project skills preferred
- ERP/MRP experience preferred
- 10% of overnight travel may be required
- Willingness to work in a plant producing radioactive materials and requiring all employees to participate in safety programs designed to minimize potential and/or actual exposure levels.
- Standard office environment, coupled with approximately 10% time in radiopharmaceutical manufacturing and laboratory environments.
- Must be willing to wear a variety of personal protective equipment.
- Willingness to work in a team-based environment.
- Close attention to detail required.
- May be required to sit or stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- Must be able to work outside of regular work hours.
- Responsibilities also include the ability to lift, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, reach, and climb stairs without accommodation.
- Must possess good hand-eye coordination.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Curium is an equal opportunity employer and believes everyone deserves respect, dignity and equality. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.