Posted on 13th January 2019
Curium was formed in 2017 through the union of IBA Molecular and Mallinckrodt Nuclear Medicine LLC. Curium is a world-class nuclear medicine solutions provider with over 100 years of combined industry experience. We are proud to service over 14 million patients worldwide each year and strive to provide best-in-class quality products and exceptional, reliable service.
Our diverse group of industry experts is unified under one strong and singular focus – to develop, manufacture and supply SPECT, PET and therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals to customers around the globe. In fact, we have over 6,000 customers in over 70 countries world-wide.
At Curium, every single dose counts in helping doctors and patients diagnose and treat disease. That means every single employee counts toward meeting this unified objective to help each patient live “Life Forward”. We have an amazing team that lives by our core values every single day – integrity, commitment and collaboration. Come grow with us!
Summary of Position
The Development Chemist / Radiopharmaceutical Principal Formulator position will report into the Senior Director of R&D for New Product Development and Life Cycle Management. The successful candidate will serve as a key functional core team member and will support or may serve in a lead role, and will be required to develop new radiopharmaceuticals through chemical synthesis, radiolabeling, purification, etc.
- Execute development activities to advance final drug candidates (Phase 3) to commercialization. Products include radiopharmaceuticals and related cold kits primarily for SPECT diagnostics. Design and execute development activities to support CMC generation for NDA/ANDA submissions.
- Provide technical support for existing radiopharmaceutical, isotope and related cold kit processes.
- This role has responsibility for adding additional techniques to their expertise that provide back-up capability for the R&D organization.
- Familiarity of analytical techniques used for structural characterization and impurity profiling (including radiochemical purity).
- Maximize productivity by selecting effective choice of techniques / routes, provide solutions to complex multi-step problems.
- Ability to interpret simple to moderately complex chromatography spectra.
- Experienced communicator, ability to work cross functionally inside and outside the organization.
- Participates in collaborative engagement with the external scientific community.
- Achievement of a PhD, Master Degree or Bachelor Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, or related field with a minimum of 10 years of pharmaceutical industry experience required.
- Experience in late stage development of radiopharmaceuticals, cyclotron-based isotopes, and diagnostic cold kits. Development experience should include CMC generation for NDA/ANDA submission.
- Experience with lyophilization and aseptic processing is also desirable.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience is required with a strong familiarity with cGMP, FDA, USP, NRC, and ICH guidelines.
- Behavioral requirements for success in this position include: self-starter, strong work ethic, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The successful candidate must have the ability to successfully support and potentially manage multiple analytical projects and contribute to team based investigations.
- Candidate must be willing to wear a variety of personal protective equipment.
- Willingness to work in plant producing radioactive materials and requiring all employees to participate in safety programs designed to minimize potential and/or actual exposure levels.
- Responsibilities also include the ability to lift, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, reach, and climb stairs without accommodation.
- Must possess good hand-eye coordination.
- Potential of 10% overnight travel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Curium is an equal opportunity employer and believes everyone deserves respect, dignity and equality. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.