Posted on 16th July 2018
Summary of Position
As Operator Cyclotron, you carry out the cyclotron production and maintenance work for an optimal quality of radioisotope products and maximum availability of equipment/installations.
- you are part of the Cyclotron department and work in shifts;
- prepare the production process and start the irradiation process;
- operate, control and control the installation from the control room;
- solve routine production problems;
- carry out cleaning, repair, overhaul and maintenance work on installations, equipment, machines and (measuring) tools;
- make, revise or repair (spare) parts;
- identify causes of interference and correct technical failures and malfunctions;
- work on various production, stock and maintenance data and keep department documentation, technical drawings and (control) software up to date;
- weigh raw materials and prepare the chemical bath for the MnO2 production, perform routine process operations such as mixing, pouring, filtering, heating and drying according to regulations using weighing and mixing equipment, oven(s), fume cupboard and glassware.
As an Operator Cyclotron you have completed a MTS MBO level 4 degree (in electrical (nano) technology, control technology, energy technology, motor vehicle technology and/or mechanical engineering); and are willing to acquire…
- NEN 3140 VP;
- or are prepared to complete a degree in Radioactive Dissemination (TS-VRS D) (former Radiation Expert Level 5B);
- the ability to react quickly and act under time pressure;
- the ability to express yourself briefly and succinctly in Dutch and English.
We offer you
- the possibility of making a recognizable contribution to the results of the company with an excellent reputation in the market;
- A 38-hour working week with pay depending on your age, education and experience. The fringe benefits are excellent. Curium offers study and travel expenses and participation in a pension scheme.
Curium is a leading, global manufacturer and distributor of medical isotopes, with its headquarters in France. The company in its current form originated in the beginning of 2017, after a merger between IBA Molecular in France and the nuclear medicine business of Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals with headquarters in the US.
1600 employees work at many operational and commercial Curium locations and provide over 14 million patients per year with diagnostic and therapeutic solutions. The products are shipped to 6000 customers in 70 countries, in particular to Nuclear Medicine departments in hospitals. As such, Curium is the world’s largest supplier of medical isotopes. Curium’s core values are integrity, commitment and collaboration.
The Curium facility in Petten, on the coast of North-Holland, employs over 330 employees. Beside radioactive medical isotopes, also non-radioactive products are manufactured. In the hospitals, medical isotopes are usually labeled with non-radioactive carriers, which takes the isotope to the targeted tissue, organ or cell type in the human body. This way, the radioactive substance is carried to the suspected area in the human body.
The Petten facility has a focus on continuous improvement and innovation, supported by a multitude of improvement initiatives and projects.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Curium is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Posted on 25th November 2018
Posted on 19th October 2018
Posted on 21st September 2018
Posted on 21st September 2018
Posted on 20th July 2018