Posted on 30th June 2020
Microbiology Quality Control Technician II
Curium is the world’s largest nuclear medicine company with more than a century of industry experience. We develop, manufacture and distribute world-class radiopharmaceutical products to help patients around the globe. Our proven heritage combined with a pioneering approach are the hallmarks to deliver innovation, excellence and unparalleled service.
With manufacturing facilities across Europe and the United States, Curium delivers SPECT, PET and therapeutic radiopharmaceutical solutions for life-threatening diseases to over 14 million patients annually. The name ‘Curium’ honors the legacy of pioneering radioactive researchers Marie and Pierre Curie, after whom the radioactive element curium was named and emphasizes our focus on nuclear medicine. The tagline ‘Life Forward’ represents our commitment to securing a brighter future for all those we serve: An enhanced quality of care for our patients. A trusted partner to our customers. A supportive employer to our valued team.
Summary of Position
Perform assigned quality control activities within the Microbiology Department to comply with applicable SOP’s and cGMPs. Work under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Must have the ability to work collaboratively, multitask, and adapt to changing priorities and schedules.
- Employ aseptic techniques while performing Sterility, Endotoxin, and Bioburden testing of drug products, intermediates and raw materials per USP and Curium Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Standard Test Methods (STM)
- Perform in vivo testing in support of product efficacy and quality per USP and Curium Standard Test Methods (STM)
- Perform Growth Promotion testing per USP Methods for various microbiological media
- Prepare and analyze Biological Indicators in support of Validation and Qualification activities
- Read plates to quantify microbial growth and subculture pure isolates as required
- Data entry and review in Laboratory Management Systems (LIMS)
- General laboratory housekeeping duties and maintenance of the department, premises, and equipment
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure the consistent and timely completion of all testing and other tasks in support of business needs
- Assist with laboratory investigations, root cause analysis, and implementation of corrective and preventative actions
- Ensure a safe and quality-minded working environment through conformance with training, general awareness, and compliance to safety/Quality guidelines and SOPs
- Perform all work in compliance with site safety and radiation protection guidelines
- Attend mandatory trainings as required by site regulatory requirements and management
- Perform other general duties associated with the position as required by supervision
- Associate Degree or completion of 4 college-level life science courses required.
- 1-2 years of overall related experience required, one to two years of experience in a Microbiology Quality Control Laboratory required
- General quality / production experience in a cGMP / FDA regulated facility is required
- Willingness to perform in vivo testing in support of product efficacy and quality
- Good interpersonal skills, good hands on, analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills
- Close attention to detail required
- Good computer skills, including utilizing personal computers and data entry programs
- Ability to work independently and with others to accomplish goals and priorities
- Flexibility and teamwork skills
- High level of energy and regular, consistent attendance
- Standard office environment coupled with approximately 80% time in radiopharmaceutical manufacturing and laboratory environments
- Must be willing to wear a variety of personal protective equipment
- Willingness to work in a team-based environment
- May be required to sit or stand for long periods of time while performing duties
- Must be able to work outside of regular work hours
- Willingness to work in plant producing radioactive materials and requiring all employees to participate in safety programs designed to minimize potential and/or actual exposure levels
- Responsibilities also include the ability to lift, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, reach, and climb stairs without accommodation
- Must possess good hand-eye coordination
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Curium is an equal opportunity employer and believes everyone deserves respect, dignity and equality. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Posted on 18th June 2020
Posted on 11th November 2019