Posted on 30th January 2020
Curium is the world’s largest nuclear medicine company with more than a century of industry experience. We develop, manufacture and distribute world-class radiopharmaceutical products to help patients around the globe. Our proven heritage combined with a pioneering approach are the hallmarks to deliver innovation, excellence and unparalleled service.
With manufacturing facilities across Europe and the United States, Curium delivers SPECT, PET and therapeutic radiopharmaceutical solutions for life-threatening diseases to over 14 million patients annually. The name ‘Curium’ honors the legacy of pioneering radioactive researchers Marie and Pierre Curie, after whom the radioactive element curium was named and emphasizes our focus on nuclear medicine. The tagline ‘Life Forward’ represents our commitment to securing a brighter future for all those we serve: An enhanced quality of care for our patients. A trusted partner to our customers. A supportive employer to our valued team.
Summary of Position
Performs all tasks associated with maintaining stock levels on all materials in the site’s product line as well as all packing and shipping supplies. This includes filling EWS orders with the correct materials and quantities, delivering materials to various building across the site, moving materials from the quarantine area into warehouse stocking locations, and maintaining accurate inventory of all materials. Delivery and moving of materials will require the use of the company’s two vehicles and powered lift trucks. Tasks also include receiving incoming materials from vendors, assigning materials to the proper storage conditions, and working closely with Quality Control/Quality Assurance to ensure proper status marking of materials until released or disposed of.
Monday – Friday 5:00 a.m./6:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m/2:30 p.m.
Weekend and off shift overtime as needed
- Ensure a safe and quality working environment through training, awareness, and compliance to safety guidelines, SOP’s and FDA regulations.
- Responsible for following detailed instructions and communicating effectively, both written and verbally.
- Accurate filling of EWS Orders and delivery of orders to the requesting person/department.
- Receive incoming materials, making the appropriate computer entries, printing receivers and bar-coded labels, and applying labels to the appropriate received material.
- Storage of materials in the proper area/conditions in adherence to all regulatory mandates involving the handling and storage of materials as dictated by procedures.
- Maintain records of all incoming and outgoing materials through computer transactions which is done by both scanning and keypunching all transactions.
- Maintain accurate inventory of materials though periodic cycle counts and accurate order fulfillment.
- Other duties include moving materials and other items to and from various buildings on site. This will require the operation of a powered fork truck, the use of a manual pallet jack, and the use of plastic/metal banding machines.
- Participate and perform effectively in a team environment and interact with multiple departments to ensure the operational success of the team.
- Responsibilities also include the ability to lift, reach, pull, and squat as needed, according to warehouse demands.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s Degree preferred.
- 0 to 1 years in general warehousing and the loading/unloading of trucks is required.
- Fork truck and lift equipment experience is essential.
- Ability to drive a manual transmission truck is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Customer service oriented.
- Willing to work overtime with short notice; may be called in on weekends or certain evenings to make a delivery.
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation regulations a plus.
- A Class E Driver’s License is required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Accurate keypunching and computer skills.
- Highly motivated/dependable individual who is able to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Able to get along with a diverse workforce.
- Willingness to work around radioactive materials while requiring all employees to participate in safety programs designed to minimize potential and/or actual exposure levels.
- Willing to work around and with various hazardous materials including but not limited to: flammables, corrosives, and acids.
- Candidate must be willing to wear a variety of personnel protective equipment.
- Must possess good hand-eye coordination and be able to stand for long periods of time as required by warehousing demands. •
- Responsibilities also include the ability to lift, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, reach, and climb stairs without accommodation.
- May be subjected to extreme heat and cold while working in warehouse or making deliveries.
- May be subjected to dust, dirt, odors, and irritants in the performance of job duties.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Curium is an equal opportunity employer and believes everyone deserves respect, dignity and equality. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.