Posted on 31st July 2019
Curium was formed in 2017 through the union of IBA Molecular and Mallinckrodt Nuclear Medicine LLC. Curium is a world-class nuclear medicine solutions provider with over 100 years of combined industry experience. We are proud to service over 14 million patients worldwide each year and strive to provide best-in-class quality products and exceptional, reliable service.
Our diverse group of industry experts is unified under one strong and singular focus – to develop, manufacture and supply SPECT, PET and therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals to customers around the globe. In fact, we have over 6,000 customers in over 70 countries world-wide.
At Curium, every single dose counts in helping doctors and patients diagnose and treat disease. That means every single employee counts toward meeting this unified objective to help each patient live “Life Forward”. We have an amazing team that lives by our core values every single day – integrity, commitment and collaboration. Come grow with us!
Summary of Position
The role of a Manufacturing Technician is to perform all tasks associated with operating equipment through formulation, preparation, and dispensing of aseptic fill radiopharmaceutical processes, according to cGMP guidelines to meet production demands. The Manufacturing Technician will work with advanced automated equipment, in the creation of new products, and serve as one of several lead technicians while coordinating work in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Saturday – Wednesday (5 eight-hour shifts per week)
- Work Hours: 7:00 pm to 3:30 am
- Ability to work overtime when necessary
- Demonstrates an ability to provide directional leadership on the floor
- Follows quality, safety, regulatory guidance’s and written procedures
- Is an active member with continuous improvement
- Ensures the maintenance and cleanliness of department, premises and equipment
- Performs documentation in accordance with cGMP guidelines
- Properly reviews Batch Records
- Works with team to drive team environment
- Follows all written procedures and verbal instructions
- Communicates effectively through written or spoken instructions
- Takes full ownership and accountability of process
- Works with coordinator to resolve challenges
- Works with leadership to improve operations
- Must be willing to attend additional training/schooling when required
- Ensures internal / external customer expectations are met or exceeded
- Capable of adjusting to changes and dealing effectively with uncertainties in the workplace
- Drives to achieve work goals and quantifiable business results
- Collaborative attitude for business success
- Demonstrates willingness to be flexible to the needs of the department and business
- Associate Degree or completion of an equivalent certification program from a technical or vocational school is required. Equivalent relevant years of experience in this field of study will also be considered.
- Three to five years of manufacturing experience is required, preferably in a pharmaceutical or similar industry.
- Experience working in a FDA regulated cGMP environment is preferred.
- Strong mechanical aptitude is required, scientific background is preferred.
- Must be capable of providing front line troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment and process issues, properly elevating concerns and issues to appropriate personnel.
- Willingness to work in plant producing radioactive materials and requiring all employees to participate in safety programs designed to minimize potential and/or actual exposure levels.
- Responsibilities also include the ability to lift up to 70 pounds, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, twist upper body, push, pull, reach, and climb stairs and ladders without accommodation.
- Must be willing to wear a variety of personal protective equipment.
- May be required to sit or stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- Must be able to work outside of regular work hours, work rotating shifts, weekends, and overtime, as necessary.
- Willingness to work around mechanical and moving parts, around low and high voltages, with exposure to dust, dirt, odors and irritants.
- Close attention to detail required, and must possess good hand-eye coordination.
- Willingness to work in a team-based environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Curium is an equal opportunity employer and believes everyone deserves respect, dignity and equality. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.