Posted on 31st July 2019
Manufacturing Operations Coordinator
Curium was formed in 2017 through the union of IBA Molecular and Mallinckrodt Nuclear Medicine LLC. Curium is a world-class nuclear medicine solutions provider with over 100 years of combined industry experience. We are proud to service over 14 million patients worldwide each year and strive to provide best-in-class quality products and exceptional, reliable service.
Our diverse group of industry experts is unified under one strong and singular focus – to develop, manufacture and supply SPECT, PET and therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals to customers around the globe. In fact, we have over 6,000 customers in over 70 countries world-wide.
At Curium, every single dose counts in helping doctors and patients diagnose and treat disease. That means every single employee counts toward meeting this unified objective to help each patient live “Life Forward”. We have an amazing team that lives by our core values every single day – integrity, commitment and collaboration. Come grow with us!
Summary of Position
The role of the Manufacturing Operations Coordinator is to perform all tasks associated with formulation, preparation, and dispensing of radiopharmaceutical aseptically filled products, according to cGMP Guidelines to meet production demands. The Manufacturing Operations Coordinator will have advanced knowledge of the manufacturing process and serve as one of several lead technicians while coordinating work with business schedules.
- Saturday – Wednesday (5 eight-hour shifts per week)
- 7 pm to 3:30 am
- Ability to work overtime when necessary
- Demonstrates an ability to directionally lead from the floor
- Adheres to quality, safety, regulatory and written procedures
- Coordinates the production schedule to meet customer demands and business objectives
- Must be flexible and adaptable to the needs of the department and business
- Takes ownership with continuous improvement activities including
- Ensures the maintenance and cleanliness of department, premises and equipment
- Performs Batch Record calculations • Reviews Documentation per GMP/SOP requirements
- Monitors product quality to ensure compliance with standards and specifications.
- Works with supervisor to build an effective team environment
- Collaboratively interacts with other departments for business success
- Follows all written procedures and verbal instructions
- Effectively communicates orally and through written instructions
- Coordinates with Planner for production materials/scheduling
- Coordinates training times for teammates
- Take full ownership and accountability of processes
- Uses logical methods to solve difficult problems
- Ability to escalate challenges to leadership effectively
- Must be willing to attend additional training/schooling when required.
- Associate Degree or completion of an equivalent certification program from a technical or vocational school is required. Equivalent relevant years of experience in this field of study will also be considered.
- Six to eight years of manufacturing experience is required, preferably in a pharmaceutical or similar industry.
- Experience working in a FDA regulated cGMP environment is preferred.
- Strong mechanical aptitude is required, scientific background is preferred.
- Must be capable of providing front line troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment and process issues, properly elevating concerns and issues to appropriate personnel.
- Willingness to work in plant producing radioactive materials and requiring all employees to participate in safety programs designed to minimize potential and/or actual exposure levels.
- Responsibilities also include the ability to lift up to 70 pounds, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, twist upper body, push, pull, reach, and climb stairs and ladders without accommodation.
- Must be willing to wear a variety of personal protective equipment.
- May be required to sit or stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- Must be able to work outside of regular work hours, work rotating shifts, weekends, and overtime, as necessary.
- Willingness to work around mechanical and moving parts, around low and high voltages, with exposure to dust, dirt, odors and irritants.
- Close attention to detail required, and must possess good hand-eye coordination.
- Willingness to work in a team-based environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Curium is an equal opportunity employer and believes everyone deserves respect, dignity and equality. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.