Posted on 7th February 2019
Manufacturing Engineer Technician IV – RHP
Curium was formed in 2017 through the union of IBA Molecular and Mallinckrodt Nuclear Medicine LLC. Curium is a world-class nuclear medicine solutions provider with over 100 years of combined industry experience. We are proud to service over 14 million patients worldwide each year and strive to provide best-in-class quality products and exceptional, reliable service.
Our diverse group of industry experts is unified under one strong and singular focus – to develop, manufacture and supply SPECT, PET and therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals to customers around the globe. In fact, we have over 6,000 customers in over 70 countries world-wide.
At Curium, every single dose counts in helping doctors and patients diagnose and treat disease. That means every single employee counts toward meeting this unified objective to help each patient live “Life Forward”. We have an amazing team that lives by our core values every single day – integrity, commitment and collaboration. Our North American headquarters is in Maryland Heights, MO. Come grow with us!
Scope of Position:
The role of Manufacturing Engineer Technician IV is to perform all tasks associated with formulation, preparation, assembling, and packaging of components (V4 Generators), according to cGMP Guidelines in order to meet production demands. The Manufacturing Tech IV will have advanced knowledge of the manufacturing process and serve as one of several lead technicians while coordinating work within the standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Day Shift: (10 hour Shift: Sunday – Wednesday, 0230-1300) with a rotating Monday – Friday (0500-1330) once every two months.
- Ability to support scheduling needs on Thursday, Friday and Saturday as needed.
- Demonstrates an ability to lead in a fast paced environment in regards to production goals, standards, mindsets and behaviors both on and off the production floor.
- Ensure strict adherence to quality, safety, regulatory and written procedures in the manufacture of products in accordance with OSHA and CFR (cGMP) guidelines.
- Ensure vigilance to the production schedule to meet customer demands and reduce overtime (ensure most effective and efficient use of personnel, materials and time).
- Demonstrates a willingness to be flexible and adaptable to the needs of the department and business.
- Takes ownership and is an active member with continuous improvement activities including: reliability team meetings, root cause analysis, SOP and Batch record improvements, Kaizen events, and Customer Complaints.
- Ensure the maintenance and cleanliness of department, premises and equipment.
- Perform Batch Record calculations (including complex calculations) and maintain all documentation according to SOPs and cGMP Guidelines. Review documentation, make corrections, and sign off as required by SOPs and cGMP Guidelines.
- Operate tele-manipulators during the manufacturing of V4 generators.
- Monitor product quality to ensure compliance with standards and specifications.
- Participate and perform effectively in a team environment and interact with multiple departments to ensure the operational success of the team.
- Follow all written procedures and verbal instructions and communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Inspect in-process and finished products for quality and adherence to customer specifications.
- Ability to identify and verify appropriate materials, area conditions, process for production and address any abnormalities in the process, with materials or in area conditions in collaboration with Quality and leadership.
- Take full ownership and accountability of equipment, process and area assigned to or related to production process.
- Use logical methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions and is able to makes sound decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick quality decision.
- Must be willing to attend additional training/schooling when required.
- College degree preferred or at minimum two years of proven work experience in a regulated manufacturing environment.
- Proven high performer capable of meeting or exceeding goals on time as well as meeting objectives of the team.
- Exemplary team building behavior and a proven collaborative attitude.
- Strong mechanical aptitude as well as scientific background.
- Able to provide front line troubleshooting of equipment/process issues.
- Thorough understanding of the needs of internal/external customers and ensuring customer satisfaction a top priority.
- Capable of adjusting to changes and dealing effectively with uncertainties in the workplace.
- Experience generating new and valuable ideas and effective solutions to difficult problems; connecting previously unrelated notions.
- Strong motivation and ability to achieve work goals and quantifiable business results.
- Willingness to help outside your department and within your department outside your normal or assigned responsibilities.
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to the needs of the department and business.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices c(GMP)’s and applicable Quality System Standards.
- Willingness to work rotating shifts, weekends, and overtime, as necessary.
- Willingness to work in plant producing radioactive materials and requiring all employees to participate in safety programs designed to minimize potential and/or actual exposure levels.
- Responsibilities also include the ability to lift up to 70 pounds, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, reach, and climb stairs without accommodation.
- Must be willing to wear a variety of personal protective equipment.
- Willingness to work in a team based environment.
- Close attention to detail required.
- May be required to sit or stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- Must be able to work outside of regular work hours.
- Must possess good hand-eye coordination.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Curium is an equal opportunity employer and believes everyone deserves respect, dignity and equality. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Posted on 7th February 2019
Posted on 7th February 2019
Posted on 1st February 2019
Posted on 13th January 2019
Posted on 12th January 2019
Posted on 19th October 2018
Posted on 21st September 2018