Posted on 29th August 2018
Summary of Position
As Manager EHS, you are responsible for developing and implementing the EHS policy within the company guidelines, in order to ensure compliance with laws, regulations and permits in the areas of occupational health and safety, environment and (conventional and radiological) safety.
- You manage 3 FTE directly and approx. 3 FTE indirectly, in addition to this, you provide functional leadership to the General Coordinating Expert (Radiation level 2). You are also part of the Management Team as functional MT member.
- You formulate policy proposals with regard to occupational health and safety, environment and (conventional) safety in accordance with legislation and regulations (Dutch and English). You align this policy with the radiation safety and radiation hygiene policy. You motivate and substantiate the policy in the Management Team and then develop it into concrete procedures and measures.
- You are responsible for designing and maintaining an efficient EHS organization. This includes defining and investing roles and responsibilities; developing quality management systems and structures (such as OHSAS 18001, ISO 31000, ISO 14001, ISO 9001 and VCA) and procedures; ensuring consultation structures and coordinating with authorities.
- You supervise compliance with policies, internal procedures and regulations. By means of analyses, audits and inspections, you gain insight into the degree of compliance of the organization. You convince management and employees of the individual and collective importance of occupational health and safety, environment and safety, and you provide training and counselling.
- You provide reports in accordance with occupational health and safety obligations and support the General Coordinating Expert in drawing up the annual report on radiation protection. In addition, you are responsible for recording relevant data from the obligations in the applicable permits.
- Finally, you take part in projects as an advisor from within your own field of expertise, coordinate health and safety studies, assess Risk Inventories and evaluations and task risk analyses in relation to workstations, resources and processes.
As Manager EHS, you have a HBO degree in higher safety science. You are a team player with excellent communication skills, a hands-on mentality and a pragmatic and result-oriented attitude. In addition you are:
- A people manager; you coach and motivate your employees and try to bring out the best in them;
- A problem solver; with good judgment and helicopter view you quickly go through complex processes;
- A networker; by focusing on cooperation with the various responsible parties at the various management levels within the organization, you know how to create and secure support in order to reach the most optimal realization of the company value of safety;
- Flexible within responsible limits, but if necessary also persistent to implement (policy) changes in the areas of occupational health and safety, environment and safety;
- Willingness to take action outside regular working hours if the business situation demands it.
We offer you
We offer you a full-time employment contract (average working week of 38 hours) and, depending on your education and experience, a competitive salary. The fringe benefits are excellent. Curium offers, among other things, a study and travel allowance and participation in a pension scheme.
Curium also offers you:
- the opportunity to further develop yourself personally in an independent, varied position with plenty of room for personal initiative and
- the possibility of making a recognizable contribution to the result of the company with an excellent reputation in the market.
Curium is a leading, global manufacturer and distributor of medical isotopes, with its headquarters in France. The company in its current form originated in the beginning of 2017, after a merger between IBA Molecular in France and the nuclear medicine business of Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals with headquarters in the US.
1600 employees work at many operational and commercial Curium locations and provide over 14 million patients per year with diagnostic and therapeutic solutions. The products are shipped to 6000 customers in 70 countries, in particular to Nuclear Medicine departments in hospitals. As such, Curium is the world’s largest supplier of medical isotopes. Curium’s core values are integrity, commitment and collaboration.
The Curium facility in Petten, on the coast of North-Holland, employs over 330 employees. Beside radioactive medical isotopes, also non-radioactive products are manufactured. In the hospitals, medical isotopes are usually labeled with non-radioactive carriers, which takes the isotope to the targeted tissue, organ or cell type in the human body. This way, the radioactive substance is carried to the suspected area in the human body. The Petten facility has a focus on continuous improvement and innovation, supported by a multitude of improvement initiatives and projects.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Curium is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Are you interested in this position? Mail your motivation with curriculum vitae in Dutch to the Human Resources department for the attention of Jacqueline Bakker (email@example.com).
Posted on 25th October 2018
Posted on 25th October 2018