Posted on 16th November 2018
Junior Business Controller
Summary of Position
The Junior Business Controller is a member of the FP&A Department and is mainly responsible for ongoing performance analysis. This person will be responsible for developing accurate, timely, and comprehensive financial reports for facilitating management decisions. The position will support FP&A manager in designing, creating and maintaining templates for regular reports and for ad-hoc requirements.
- Participate in the annual budgeting process (as well as the quarterly forecast updates), including data coordination and assembly, and variance analytics through review of actual results and forecasting impact of commercial and support function decisions.
- Provide timely, relevant and accurate reporting & analysis of the results of the assigned departments and commercial organization performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted and strategic planning results to facilitate decision-making toward the achievement of the budget and strategic plan
- Maintain and develop various financial reports and standard templates distributed for use by all of FP&A during the planning processes, ensuring quality, accuracy and focused analytic review.
Actuals and regular reporting of results
- Perform monthly income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analysis
- Prepare and develop monthly, as well as ad hoc, financial and business related analyses and research in such areas as selling and expense performance
- Prepare financial reports, charts, tables and other exhibits as requested
FP&A Reporting efficiency / Ad hoc projects
- Support Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) business unit analysts by being first point of contact for issues and questions and request for data or support on special or ad hoc projects. (Complete various ad hoc analyses at the direction of the FP&A Manager)
- Continuously improve FP&A reports, recurring and ad-hoc, dashboards, and analytics. Conduct regular updates with the business stakeholders to understand evolving internal needs. Evolve reporting capabilities through continuous initiative and improvement of reporting efficiency. Partner with internal stakeholders to understand data needs, document requirements, and establish timelines for delivery.
- Support FP&A team in designing, creating and maintaining relevant reporting tool
- Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance Projects as assigned by FP&A Manager
- Understand and facilitate the integration of business processes, people, and relevant technology, in order to identify, configure, and communicate useful information, and to provide practical business leadership to drive business decision making across the company.
- Identify non-value added processes within the department and seek solutions.
- Mine, analyze, synthesize, and interpret data from multiple data sources to build a comprehensive picture of trends that are considered when developing future strategies.
- Finance, Accounting, or related Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 years in Finance and Reporting experience with at least 1 years working closely with commercial organization within EMEA
- Advanced MS Office package (especially Excel and Power Point) and familiarity with general ledger systems such as Oracle (or equivalent) preferred
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and apply the – is an advantage
- Demonstrate insightful use of financial analysis techniques, tools, and concepts.
- Prioritize workload and meet strict deadlines. Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to convey a story using data
- Ability to look for, identify, and resolve data discrepancies
- Problem-solve to optimize the entire suite of available data to best answer questions
- Result Oriented
- Priority setting and planning
- Functional Technical Skills
- Comfortable working with senior managers
- Peer Relationships
- Judgment/Problem Solving
- Drive for Results
- Time management
Be resourceful, take responsibility, live our values and you’ll have a lot to look forward to. If you’d feel at home in a culture of empowerment and are inspired by the idea of helping us chart our own course and aggressively pursue growth, you’ll share in the success you help generate. Along with the chance to learn quickly and build your profile in a global company, you can expect everything from a competitive salary to a performance-related bonus to comprehensive benefits. Better still, you’ll be helping us transform lives.
The Curium location in Prague employs over 80 employees and functions in this location include Finance (AP, Treasury, Payroll, FP&A, GL), IT, HR, Sales Ops & Customer Service. The Prague offices are very modern, offering free coffee, tea, hot chocolates, water, fruits and vegetables on a daily basis. In addition, Meal Vouchers, annual bonus, Edenred Benefits Café Card (4 000 CZK net/month; in trial period 1 500 CZK net/month). 5 weeks of vacation, 5 sick days per year, Referral program, Contributions to ACCA, Contributions to accident and life insurance, Contributions to pension (3% from salary). Prague is a beautiful city offering amazing night life, architecture and culture and significantly cheaper cost of living than most big cities in Europe.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Curium is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Posted on 16th November 2018
Posted on 5th November 2018
Posted on 4th November 2018
Posted on 20th August 2018