Posted on 4th December 2019
About Curium Prague, Czech Republic
Curium was formed in 2017 through the union of IBA Molecular and Mallinckrodt Nuclear Medicine LLC. Curium is a world-class nuclear medicine solutions provider with over 100 years of combined industry experience. We are proud to service over 14 million patients worldwide each year and strive to provide best-in-class quality products and exceptional, reliable service.
Our diverse group of industry experts is unified under one strong and singular focus – to develop, manufacture and supply SPECT, PET and therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals to customers around the globe. In fact, we have over 6,000 customers in over 70 countries world-wide.
At Curium, every single dose counts in helping doctors and patients diagnose and treat disease. That means every single employee counts toward meeting this unified objective to help each patient live “Life Forward”. We have an amazing team that lives by our core values every single day – integrity, commitment and collaboration. Come grow with us!
Summary of Position
The IT Controller is a member of the Finance Department and is mainly responsible for financial planning, reporting, and ongoing performance analysis. This person will be responsible for developing accurate, timely, and comprehensive financial reports.
This position will report to Group Corporate Senior Controller and will work closely with the IT Management (Chief Information Officer, Project Manager) and local accounting in order to understand and analyze the current activity (run and projects), strategies and overall financials. Among other major responsibilities, he will be actively participating on IT initiatives to support from a controlling perspective the project teams and improved financial outcomes.
- Monthly tasks:
- Personnel costs tracker update (permanent staff and contractors active list, salaries and contractors man day rate, people allocated to projects for capitalization purposes)
- Capitalized Expenses monitoring: to build a comprehensive picture of Capex trends – Validation of Capital Appropriation Requests (CAR) forms, follow up of the projects with the PMO, Calculation of capitalizations of personal costs for each entity, by people and by project (including for closed projects) and update of the Capex Tracker Group Reporting by Project.
- Monthly Closing:
- Calculation of accruals to be booked in local books following commitments tracking and costs analysis vs budget or forecast,
- Data mining, identification of discrepancies, abnormalities and inconsistencies in financial data, performing corrections and suggesting process improvement steps
- Perform monthly Income Statement analysis to ensure correctness and reliability of data – Reporting for IT Management and Corporate BU Controller (Operating expenses vs Capitalized expenses, purchase order receipts, required accruals when invoice’s missing, etc.)
- In charge of leading, preparing and loading the forecast (updated each quarter), annual budget, annual 5 years strategic plan, and frequent upside/downside projections from IT Management to ensure accurate estimates of current and future financial performance.
- In charge of data accuracy in reporting system (HFM), performing of reconciliations and ad hoc analysis if requested.
- Finance, Accounting, or related Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 3-4 years of Controlling experience, ideally within an IT Department
- Experience with HFM or similar reporting system
- Advanced MS Office package (especially Excel) and strong knowledge/understanding of accounting principles as well as experience with general ledger systems
- Ability to prioritize workload, results-orientation and good communication skills
- Problem-solving skills to optimize the entire suite of available data to best answer questions
- Good level of English
- 5 weeks of vacation
- 5 sick days per year
- Annual bonus
- Cafeteria (online benefit portal) 4 000 CZK/month net (in trial period 1 500 CZK/month)
- Flexible start and end of working hours
- Home office possibility
- Meal card contribution on 100 CZK/day worked (55% paid by the company)
- Multisport card (optional benefit through the cafeteria system)
- Contributions to pension (3% from salary)
- Employee referral bonus program
- Contributions to ACCA/CIMA/ICU qualification
- Financial support for upskilling qualification
- Contributions to accident and life insurance
- Company events and activities (social events, volunteering, teambuilding)
- Nespresso coffee, variety of tea, fruit and vegetables daily at the workplace
- Friendly international environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Curium is an equal opportunity employer and believes everyone deserves respect, dignity and equality. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.