Posted on 20th August 2018
Inventory and Intercompany Analyst / Accountant
Summary of Position
Accountant position is independent role responsible for running/overseeing all accounting tasks in IFSR for assigned entities. Produce regulatory financial reporting in accordance with local reporting standards. Ensure that the accounting outcomes provided to management and internal customers are at the professional level. Be the first point contact for issue resolution.
- Responsible for all the aspects of the Inventory and Intercompany accounting within the company recognition of Inventory and Intercompany Transactions in Oracle, reconciliation of all Balance Sheet accounts, reporting, Transfer Pricing adjustments and execution of all Internal Procedures and month-end close activities.
- The Inventory and Intercompany Accountant has a close relationship with all manufacturing sites.
- The Accountant is also responsible for identifying/implementing continuous improvement initiatives to drive process efficiency and effectiveness in the Inventory and Intercompany area.
- Carry out a monthly review of total inventory movements which involves collating weekly reports in an excel template to ensure that inventory behaves as expected
- Run and review inventory adjustment reports – investigate any issues with Local finance e.g. call/email warehouse to understand write off issues
- Run inventory balance reports and identify and resolve variances to ensure reconciliation to GL
- Liaise with Local finance where appropriate to resolve issues
- Prepare and post manual journal entries where required
- Approve and file all adjustments following issue resolution
- Ensure that all intercompany transactions are pre –approved prior to payment to minimize intercompany out of balances
- Automatically raise and process intercompany invoices on behalf of the initiator where an agreement is in place with an affiliate for recurring charges
- Resolve any issues with operating company as and when required
- Update and submit Inter Company reports to corporate
- Prepare month-end journals and maintain general ledger records and analysis for assigned accounting entities, all in a timely and accurate manner
- Prepare and review monthly balance sheet reconciliations including supporting explanations and ensure follow up on outstanding balances and taking corrective action
- Perform complex analyses of revenue and expenditure reports and balance sheet accounts; prepare and/or audit necessary journal entries.
- Cooperate with other financial functions cross company, especially AP, Cash collection and Commercial finance teams
- Responsibility for the completion and review of internal and external reporting.
- Prepare, review and submit government reports, tax reporting and ad hoc financial information requests.
- Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
- Ensure compliance to and maintenance of internal controls and local tax and accounting legislation
- Accountable for delivery of associated key performance indicator (KPI)
- Support the Team Leaders and Accounting Manager with ad hoc projects, issue resolution and continuous process improvement
- Performs other duties as requested.
- 3-5 years experience in accounting operations, specifically fixed assets and related activities
- Work experience within a European organisation context (preferable)
- Fluency in English/Other relevant languages would be an advantage
- Strong knowledge on MS Office, especially excel, VBA is a must + knowledge on the application of accounting tools and IT systems, some experience in working with JDE/E1 desirable
- Good understanding of how fixed asset processes fit into overall finance process and service delivery
- A high level of numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent command of written/verbal business English
Be resourceful, take responsibility, live our values and you’ll have a lot to look forward to. If you’d feel at home in a culture of empowerment and are inspired by the idea of helping us chart our own course and aggressively pursue growth, you’ll share in the success you help generate. Along with the chance to learn quickly and build your profile in a global company, you can expect everything from a competitive salary to a performance-related bonus to comprehensive benefits. Better still, you’ll be helping us transform lives.
The Curium location in Prague employs over 80 employees and functions in this location include Finance (AP, Treasury, Payroll, FP&A, GL), IT, HR, Sales Ops & Customer Service. The Prague offices are very modern, offering free coffee, tea, hot chocolates, water, fruits and vegetables on a daily basis. In addition, Meal Vouchers, annual bonus, Edenred Benefits Café Card (4 000 CZK net/month; in trial period 1 500 CZK net/month). Prague is a beautiful city offering amazing night life, architecture and culture and significantly cheaper cost of living than most big cities in Europe.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Curium is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Posted on 16th November 2018
Posted on 16th November 2018
Posted on 5th November 2018
Posted on 4th November 2018