Posted on 7th May 2019
International Payroll Specialist
Curium was formed in 2017 through the union of IBA Molecular and Mallinckrodt Nuclear Medicine LLC. Curium is a world-class nuclear medicine solutions provider with over 100 years of combined industry experience. We are proud to service over 14 million patients worldwide each year and strive to provide best-in-class quality products and exceptional, reliable service.
Our diverse group of industry experts is unified under one strong and singular focus – to develop, manufacture and supply SPECT, PET and therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals to customers around the globe. In fact, we have over 6,000 customers in over 70 countries world-wide.
At Curium, every single dose counts in helping doctors and patients diagnose and treat disease. That means every single employee counts toward meeting this unified objective to help each patient live “Life Forward”. We have an amazing team that lives by our core values every single day – integrity, commitment and collaboration. Come grow with us!
Summary of Position
This role is responsible for management and delivery of the payroll in the EMEA region. This role involves coordination and delivery of Payrolls in several Curium’s entities, where the processing is carried out by an outsourced payroll. This role requires leading and coordinating the payroll function within Finance and building and maintaining effective, influential and supportive relationships with both the external payroll provider and internal departments across Curium.
- Coordination and delivery of Payrolls in various countries across the EMEA region in partnership with the outsourced provider.
- Build and maintain effective supporting relationships with external payroll provider and internal departments
- Provide support to HR Business partner and Financial managers as needed
- Ensure that all internal policies and procedures are being adhered to in regard to processes wage increases, annual/quarterly bonus pay outs and other types of compensation issues
- Control payroll process monthly from the beginning till the end (prepare payroll inputs, review payroll outputs, prepare social charges, tax and pension payments, monthly declaration)
- Ensure the employee are get paid as scheduled (close cooperation with Treasury team)
- Research and investigate payroll discrepancies
- Maintain data ownership of pay practices and payroll schedules
- Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed
- Participate in international process improvement projects
- Focus on maximizing capabilities and increasing efficiencies for international payroll processing
- Support internally where needed on using absence management available in the payroll sharepoint
- Support employees where needed on understanding of payslip
- Assist in Year-End process
- Accountable for ensuring compliance to and development of governance and control models for the region.
- Keep updated payroll manual.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent
- 2 years international payroll experience in working as a senior member of a team to deliver payroll, benefits or similar service in a multinational company
- Solid understanding of payroll related matters, including benefit plans, and be able to partner with these functions to deliver to meet corporate needs
- Demonstrated ability to navigate within a complex matrix organization
- A high degree of capability to deal with ambiguity and develop solutions in an evolving environment is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to cooperate 3rd parties to deliver agreed output to SLAs
- Team player who can work with varying levels of staff in different locations and provide leadership where required.
- Excellent computing skills with all common office programs
- Leading operational implementation projects and cross-functional business process improvement in an international environment
- Analytical skills – manage with data
- Attention to detail
- Result oriented
- Customer focus
- Decision-making and Problem-solving skills
- Commitment to task
Be resourceful, take responsibility, live our values and you’ll have a lot to look forward to. If you’d feel at home in a culture of empowerment and are inspired by the idea of helping us chart our own course and aggressively pursue growth, you’ll share in the success you help generate. Along with the chance to learn quickly and build your profile in a global company, you can expect everything from a competitive salary to a performance-related bonus to comprehensive benefits. Better still, you’ll be helping us transform lives.
The Curium location in Prague employs over 80 employees and functions in this location include Finance (AP, Treasury, Payroll, FP&A, GL), IT, HR, Sales Ops & Customer Service. The Prague offices are very modern, offering free coffee, tea, hot chocolates, water, fruits and vegetables on a daily basis. In addition, Meal Vouchers, annual bonus, Edenred Benefits Café Card (4 000 CZK net/month; in trial period 1 500 CZK net/month). Prague is a beautiful city offering amazing night life, architecture and culture and significantly cheaper cost of living than most big cities in Europe.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Curium is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.