Posted on 13th January 2019
Intern – Multiple Areas
Join the Curium Pharmaceuticals internship program and make a difference this summer!
Our summer internship program is specifically designed to teach college students about the nuclear pharmaceutical industry by guiding them on an unforgettable journey where they will gain valuable knowledge and skills through a broad range of on the job opportunities. During this 12-week paid internship, students will work on real life projects that directly impact Curium Pharmaceuticals, as well as the patients we serve.At the end of the program, students will create and personally present an overview of the projects they worked on, the successes they achieved and the problem solving they used along the way.
Deadline for applications is March 4, 2019. Get more out of your summer! #IAmCurium
In 2019, potential opportunities may be in the following areas:
• Health Physics
• New Product Initiatives
• Capital Expenditures
• Operational Excellence
• Supply Chain Management
Each internship will focus on a project (or variety of projects) that will give them insight into inter-departmental teams and exciting challenges.
• Re-branding efforts, updating Curium Pharmaceuticals documents. Assist in planning, installation or implementation of ongoing projects.
• Operational experience in health physics, potentially to include: radiation and health physics principles; cyclotron operations; radiopharmaceutical production; radioactive waste management; instrument calibrations; dose management; emergency response; and compliance with federal regulatory requirements.
• Process and documentation support in multiple phases of New Pharmaceutical Product Development projects, including User Requirements definition, equipment and process design and development, process validation, regulatory submission and pre-approval Inspection preparations.
• Take responsibility for a small projects’ scope, schedule and budget. Assist with writing/updating procedures relating to project review and execution.
• Execute day-to-day Operational Excellence/Training activities. Help develop/implement enhancements & standardized work. Facilitate a Kaizen for the cohort.• MAPICS master data support. Perform time studies.
• Create MAPICS training and documentation. Create SOPS and OJT’s for the team and site.
• Re-establish tools and systems for document management, maintenance, auditing and training for Lockout Tagout Energy Control Procedures.
• Integrate various data trending systems, normalize current data recording sources and build database for SPEC/Time savings.
• Must be currently enrolled, at minimum, in a Bachelor’s Degree program
• Favorable Grade Point Average (3.0 and greater preferred)
• Strong presentation and leadership skills
• Authorization to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis, without visa sponsorship
• Interacts daily with all levels of management and plant personnel.
• Must be able to form partnership and collaborative relationships with cross-functional departments.
Willingness to work in plant producing radioactive materials and requiring all employees to participate in safety programs designed to minimize potential and/or actual exposure levels. Must be able to work overtime without notice.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Curium is an equal opportunity employer and believes everyone deserves respect, dignity and equality. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Curium was formed in 2017 through the union of IBA Molecular and Mallinckrodt Nuclear Medicine LLC. Curium is a world-class nuclear medicine solutions provider with over 100 years of combined industry experience. We are proud to service over 14 million patients worldwide each year and strive to provide best-in-class quality products and exceptional, reliable service. Our diverse group of industry experts is unified under one strong and singular focus – to develop, manufacture and supply SPECT, PET and therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals to customers around the globe. In fact, we have over 6,000 customers in over 70 countries world-wide. At Curium, every single dose counts in helping doctors and patients diagnose and treat disease. That means every single employee counts toward meeting this unified objective to help each patient live “Life Forward”. We have an amazing team that lives by our core values every single day – integrity, commitment and collaboration. Our North American headquarters is in Maryland Heights, MO. Come grow with us!