Posted on 5th May 2020
Group Finance Senior Project Manager
About Curium Prague, Czech Republic
Curium is the world’s largest nuclear medicine company with more than a century of industry experience. We develop, manufacture and distribute world-class radiopharmaceutical products to help patients around the globe. Our proven heritage combined with a pioneering approach are the hallmarks to deliver innovation, excellence and unparalleled service.
With manufacturing facilities across Europe and the United States, Curium delivers SPECT, PET and therapeutic radiopharmaceutical solutions for life-threatening diseases to over 14 million patients annually. The name ‘Curium’ honors the legacy of pioneering radioactive researchers Marie and Pierre Curie, after whom the radioactive element curium was named and emphasizes our focus on nuclear medicine. The tagline ‘Life Forward’ represents our commitment to securing a brighter future for all those we serve: An enhanced quality of care for our patients. A trusted partner to our customers. A supportive employer to our valued team.
Summary of Position
The Group Finance team is responsible for setting and harmonizing accounting standards and processes across the Curium Group, as well as consolidating Curium Group monthly results and preparing annual consolidated financial statements. The Senior project manager role has an international focus, dealing with 35 companies mainly located across Europe and the US.
The role reports to the VP Group Corporate Finance and is based in Central London (UK). It involves circa 25% travel – primarily Europe, some to the USA.
- Primary responsibility for the development and maintenance of a Group Accounting Manual detailing accounting policies, processes and controls for use across all Group businesses
- Enhancing standardization and improving accounting processes and controls across the different Group businesses, covering major accounting cycles dealing with manufacturing processes, purchase to pay, order to cash, general ledger and consolidation processes.
- Manage accounting for key Group level projects involving M&A transactions, integrating acquired entities into the Group, Group impairment tests for goodwill and other complex transactions
- Participation in the Group reporting and consolidation processes, covering periodic and quarterly reporting processes, review of specific business unit submissions and analysis of performance
- Significant involvement in the preparation of periodic and annual consolidated financial statements, with responsibility for some primary statements and Notes
- Liaison and support to finance teams, auditors and consultants across the Group on accounting and reporting matters.
- Extensive post-qualification experience either in a Group finance role or with an accounting / audit firm
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA)
- Strong knowledge of IFRS
- Strong knowledge of accounting processes and controls
- Strong communication, teamwork and influencing skills
- Pharmaceutical sector experience is an added advantage
- French is an added advantage
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience of an accounting package, ideally HFM, is an added advantage
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Curium is an equal opportunity employer and believes everyone deserves respect, dignity and equality. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.