Posted on 5th May 2020
Group Finance Senior Consolidation Accountant
About Curium Prague, Czech Republic
Curium is the world’s largest nuclear medicine company with more than a century of industry experience. We develop, manufacture and distribute world-class radiopharmaceutical products to help patients around the globe. Our proven heritage combined with a pioneering approach are the hallmarks to deliver innovation, excellence and unparalleled service.
With manufacturing facilities across Europe and the United States, Curium delivers SPECT, PET and therapeutic radiopharmaceutical solutions for life-threatening diseases to over 14 million patients annually. The name ‘Curium’ honors the legacy of pioneering radioactive researchers Marie and Pierre Curie, after whom the radioactive element curium was named and emphasizes our focus on nuclear medicine. The tagline ‘Life Forward’ represents our commitment to securing a brighter future for all those we serve: An enhanced quality of care for our patients. A trusted partner to our customers. A supportive employer to our valued team.
Summary of Position
The role is part of the Group Finance team responsible for consolidating Curium Group monthly results and preparing annual consolidated financial statements. The role has an international focus, dealing with 35 companies spread across Europe and the US with a few businesses in Asia.
The role reports to the Consolidation Director and is based in Paris 08 (France).
- Involved in the monthly Group reporting activities, covering consolidation and review of information submitted by the subsidiaries for Group reporting.
- Involvement in the preparation of periodic and annual consolidated financial statements, with responsibility for some primary statements and Notes
- Review of specific business submissions for accuracy and performing analytical review of their income statement, balance sheet and cash flows to ensure consistency and compliance with IFRS and Group policies.
- Involvement in intercompany reconciliations, with responsibility of some intercompany accounts, involving liaison and resolution of differences with financial controllers in different businesses
- Engage with and support business units and subsidiary entities with their HFM reporting and IFRS requirements for various transactions, acting as a centre of expertise
- Manage key Group level projects involving M&A transactions, integrating acquired entities into the Group, IFRS 16, roll out of tax reporting across all entities
- Carry out Group level impairment tests for goodwill
- Carry out analysis of specific accounts, covering balance sheet, specified P&L accounts, cash flows at entity level and at Group level
- Liaise with external auditors and consultants with regard to the Group audit and specific statutory audits.
- At least 5 years professional experience dealing with consolidations, either in a Group finance role or with an accounting / audit firm
- Master Degree (French=BAC+5)
- Expert Comptable, with good knowledge of IFRS
- Pharmaceutical sector experience is an added advantage
- Strong communication, teamwork and influencing skills
- Fluent French language, operational English
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience of an accounting package, ideally HFM, is an added advantage
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Curium is an equal opportunity employer and believes everyone deserves respect, dignity and equality. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.