Posted on 7th May 2019
Global Service Desk Manager
Curium was formed in 2017 through the union of IBA Molecular and Mallinckrodt Nuclear Medicine LLC. Curium is a world-class nuclear medicine solutions provider with over 100 years of combined industry experience. We are proud to service over 14 million patients worldwide each year and strive to provide best-in-class quality products and exceptional, reliable service.
Our diverse group of industry experts is unified under one strong and singular focus – to develop, manufacture and supply SPECT, PET and therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals to customers around the globe. In fact, we have over 6,000 customers in over 70 countries world-wide.
At Curium, every single dose counts in helping doctors and patients diagnose and treat disease. That means every single employee counts toward meeting this unified objective to help each patient live “Life Forward”. We have an amazing team that lives by our core values every single day – integrity, commitment and collaboration. Come grow with us!
Summary of Position
Just as our company is new, Curium’s IT organization is focused on building new standard operating procedures, policies, and implementing new tools to create an efficient and effective global support model. The Global Service Desk Manager leads a global team of Technical Support Analysts and is responsible for ensuring timely, professional and effective support to internal end users via telephone, email or remote access.
A lot of work is happening with the Service Desk, including the introduction of new tools and developing operational processes to achieve the goal of a true global team. But significant work remains; the ideal candidate needs to be a strong leader with excellent customer service skills, good at developing team members, able to lead projects, develop processes and is detail oriented. We are seeking someone with:
- Passion for and solid experience at team building and development. Enjoys developing staff members, both to realize their potential and grow their career.
- Proven ability to design and implement operational, quality and performance management practices and procedures. Experience using data to find trends and drive continuous improvement through collaboration with peers in IT.
- Ability to prioritize multiple initiatives and activities in a fast-paced, exciting environment.
- Skilled in utilizing technology to improve the end-user experience; understanding of strategic value of a robust knowledge management database.
- Ability to influence change, within the team, IT and the broader organization.
The position reports to the Director – IT Customer Service with direct reports in Prague, Czech Republic, Petten, Netherlands, Saclay, France and St. Louis, Missouri, USA.
This position requires some travel (15% – 25%) as well as flexibility in personal schedule to accommodate staff in different time zones.
- Monitor team operations in the delivery of Tier 1 and Tier 2 technical support, installation and configuration services through inbound phone and ServiceNow tickets on various technologies which include desktop systems, software, workstations, telecommunication and network connectivity.
- Provide guidance to team members on routing and escalating tickets including appropriately identifying the level of urgency.
- Alert management and technology owners to recurring problems and patterns of problems. Utilize reports to track and trend issues and monitor SLAs and KPIs.
- Ensure team maintains accurate and timely updates to tickets; use and contribute knowledge to an internal knowledge base, documenting procedures for installation and troubleshooting.
- Develop employee goals, provide feedback, coaching and counseling. Identify individual training needs and development opportunities and facilitate attainment.
- Manage shift coverage, approve time off requests, manage balance of time off.
- Help the team troubleshoot device, network, system, application, and identity issues and escalate to the IT engineering team when appropriate.
- Function as a resource for other technicians regarding standard procedures and one-on-one training.
- Act as a Point of Contact for the Service Desk with one or more technical areas, integrating change and new procedures into the team. Recognize business-critical functions and set priority level accordingly.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis regarding progress on projects, performance and potential business risks.
- Communicate with end-users at all levels of the organization on the phone and in person, to professionally address their issues or requests.
- 5+ years’ experience in an IT leadership position.
- 5 years’ experience with a global IT support organization with an end-user facing role
- Experience with standard support tools; ticket system, knowledge base, call system with skills-based routing.
- Is familiar with end-user group functions, business critical applications, and support resources.
- Ability to assess a situation to determine the scope and escalate appropriately.
- Fluency in English, both written and oral
- Proven ability to excel in a people leadership role.
- Experience in a dynamic, fast-growing environment.
- Experienced at managing a geographically and culturally diverse global team
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills. Comfortable working in a team and multi-ethnic/multi-cultural environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- Fluency in French language
- Experience in a Pharmaceutical Manufacturing environment
- ITIL Certification
Be resourceful, take responsibility, live our values and you’ll have a lot to look forward to. If you’d feel at home in a culture of empowerment and are inspired by the idea of helping us chart our own course and aggressively pursue growth, you’ll share in the success you help generate. Along with the chance to learn quickly and build your profile in a global company, you can expect everything from a competitive salary to a performance-related bonus to comprehensive benefits. Better still, you’ll be helping us transform lives.
The Curium location in Prague employs over 80 employees and functions in this location include Finance (AP, Treasury, Payroll, FP&A, GL), IT, HR, Sales Ops & Customer Service. The Prague offices are very modern, offering free coffee, tea, hot chocolates, water, fruits and vegetables on a daily basis. In addition, Meal Vouchers, annual bonus, Edenred Benefits Café Card (4 000 CZK net/month; in trial period 1 500 CZK net/month), 5 weeks of vacation, 5 sick days per year, referral program, contributions to ACCA, contributions to accident and life insurance, contributions to pension (3% from salary). Prague is a beautiful city offering amazing night life, architecture and culture and significantly cheaper cost of living than most big cities in Europe.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Curium is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Posted on 3rd March 2019