Posted on 12th March 2020
GL Team Leader
About Curium Prague, Czech Republic
Curium is the world’s largest nuclear medicine company with more than a century of industry experience. We develop, manufacture and distribute world-class radiopharmaceutical products to help patients around the globe. Our proven heritage combined with a pioneering approach are the hallmarks to deliver innovation, excellence and unparalleled service.
With manufacturing facilities across Europe and the United States, Curium delivers SPECT, PET and therapeutic radiopharmaceutical solutions for life-threatening diseases to over 14 million patients annually. The name ‘Curium’ honors the legacy of pioneering radioactive researchers Marie and Pierre Curie, after whom the radioactive element curium was named and emphasizes our focus on nuclear medicine. The tagline ‘Life Forward’ represents our commitment to securing a brighter future for all those we serve: An enhanced quality of care for our patients. A trusted partner to our customers. A supportive employer to our valued team.
Summary of Position
A Team leader in the Curium office is responsible for the dedicated team of Senior Financial Accountants and Financial Accountants. He/she encourages a work environment that is professional, focused on continuous improvement, accountable, service-oriented, with high integrity, compliant, with a positive attitude and actively engaging employees.
- Resolves complex accounting issues across dedicated entities and assists the Finance Manager in resolution of financial issues accross Europe
- Plans, monitors and ensures timely completion of monthly processes, including the month-end close process, owned by the team of Senior Financial Accountants and Financial Accountants and incorporates necessary revisions
- Approves journals, ensuring consistency and completeness of all postings with correct coding, classification and aligned with IFRS and local accounting standards
- Acts as key contact for queries concerning accounting and other finance matters for the team
- Performs variance analyses for movements on all accounts to keep financials free from probable errors and misstatements
- Maintain adherence to local statutory reporting rules, tax and other requirements for dedicated entities and leads the communication with external/internal auditors and external tax advisors
- Performs system security approvals and payment authorizations for entities within the scope of responsibility
- Establishes and retains a robust control environment with effective internal controls.
- Consistently adheres to and enforces the adherence to company guidelines and policies.
- Performs other duties as delegated or assigned.
- Addresses issues consistently, fairly and in a timely manner.
- Is a strong team leader, ensures team members‘ development and motivation
- Cooperates and communicates with other finance and non-finance teams
- Assists and guides team members in their daily work ensuring their continuous professional development.
- Assists management with hiring processes
- Conducts and documents performance of each team member and addresses any performance related findings with the Finance Manager.
- University degree (Finance/Economics preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Finance in international companies covering the full width of activities (accounting, reporting, taxes, audits, budgeting)
- Minimum of 3 years of proven team leadership experience
- Experienced Microsoft Excel user
- Proactivity, business acumen, independence, out-of-the-box thinking
- Proven ability to coach and develop team members
- Fluent English
- JDE and HFM experience is an advantage
- ACCA or equivalent certification is highly desirable
- 5 weeks of vacation
- 5 sick days per year
- Annual bonus
- Cafeteria (online benefit portal) 4 000 CZK/month net (in trial period 1 500 CZK/month)
- Flexible start and end of working hours
- Home office possibility
- Meal card contribution on 100 CZK/day worked (55% paid by the company)
- Multisport card (optional benefit through the cafeteria system)
- Contributions to pension (3% from salary)
- Employee referral bonus program
- Contributions to ACCA/CIMA/ICU qualification
- Financial support for upskilling qualification
- Contributions to accident and life insurance
- Company events and activities (social events, volunteering, teambuilding)
- Nespresso coffee, variety of tea, fruit and vegetables daily at the workplace
- Friendly international environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Curium is an equal opportunity employer and believes everyone deserves respect, dignity and equality. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.