Posted on 10th February 2020
About Curium Prague, Czech Republic
Curium is the world’s largest nuclear medicine company with more than a century of industry experience. We develop, manufacture and distribute world-class radiopharmaceutical products to help patients around the globe. Our proven heritage combined with a pioneering approach are the hallmarks to deliver innovation, excellence and unparalleled service.
With manufacturing facilities across Europe and the United States, Curium delivers SPECT, PET and therapeutic radiopharmaceutical solutions for life-threatening diseases to over 14 million patients annually. The name ‘Curium’ honors the legacy of pioneering radioactive researchers Marie and Pierre Curie, after whom the radioactive element curium was named and emphasizes our focus on nuclear medicine. The tagline ‘Life Forward’ represents our commitment to securing a brighter future for all those we serve: An enhanced quality of care for our patients. A trusted partner to our customers. A supportive employer to our valued team.
Summary of Position
We are looking for an experienced Financial Accountant to be responsible for the accounting operations of one or more legal entities.
This Position Will Be Interesting For You If:
- You want to have a complex and challenging accounting position where to apply your accounting background – this is not a limited process-oriented job.
- You want full ownership and responsibility of the whole accounting for your entity, from A to Z (including preparation of statutory accounts, financial statements, preparation of VAT returns or leading responsibility for all audit requests).
- You want to be part of a stable team of accountants.
- You are attracted by a growing and diverse international office environment.
- Manage all financial accounting activities for business operations within EMEA Region.
- Perform month end closing activities such as account reconciliation, revenue accounting, expense accounting, etc.
- To administer VAT returns and any other local regulatory compliance items
- Close cooperation with internal and external partners (auditors, tax advisors, local authorities, other departments of the company and others)
- Manage the statutory accounts production and compliance processes ensuring adherence to statutory requirements and deadlines. Manage year-end audit.
- Manage the tax compliance processes (for corporation tax, VAT) ensuring adherence to statutory requirements and deadlines, including liaison with advisors
- Ensure financial records comply with company policies and accounting principles.
- Involvement in projects (European and Global) as directed by the Finance Manager
- Cooperate with other financial functions cross company, especially AP, Cash collection and Commercial finance teams
- Responsibility for the completion and review of internal and external reporting
- 2+ years of accounting / tax or audit experience
- Experience with reporting of US GAAP/IFRS and preparation of statutory financial statements
- Proven experience with VAT returns preparation
- Previous experience with transition of accounting activities
- Experience being the first point of contact for auditors
- Ability and willingness to use English (our company language) on a daily basis
- Legally allowed to work in the Czech Republic
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Business Acumen
- Priority setting and planning
- Functional Technical Skills
- Comfortable working with senior managers
- Peer Relationships / Cross cultural respect
- Judgment/Problem Solving
- Drive for Results
- Time management
- Integrity & Trust
- Customer Focus
- 5 weeks of vacation
- 5 sick days per year
- Annual bonus
- Cafeteria (online benefit portal) 4 000 CZK/month net (in trial period 1 500 CZK/month)
- Flexible start and end of working hours
- Home office possibility
- Meal card contribution on 100 CZK/day worked (55% paid by the company)
- Multisport card (optional benefit through the cafeteria system)
- Contributions to pension (3% from salary)
- Employee referral bonus program
- Contributions to ACCA/CIMA/ICU qualification
- Financial support for upskilling qualification
- Contributions to accident and life insurance
- Company events and activities (social events, volunteering, teambuilding)
- Nespresso coffee, variety of tea, fruit and vegetables daily at the workplace
- Friendly international environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Curium is an equal opportunity employer and believes everyone deserves respect, dignity and equality. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.