Posted on 30th June 2020
Environmental Monitoring Quality Technician
Curium is the world’s largest nuclear medicine company with more than a century of industry experience. We develop, manufacture and distribute world-class radiopharmaceutical products to help patients around the globe. Our proven heritage combined with a pioneering approach are the hallmarks to deliver innovation, excellence and unparalleled service.
With manufacturing facilities across Europe and the United States, Curium delivers SPECT, PET and therapeutic radiopharmaceutical solutions for life-threatening diseases to over 14 million patients annually. The name ‘Curium’ honors the legacy of pioneering radioactive researchers Marie and Pierre Curie, after whom the radioactive element curium was named and emphasizes our focus on nuclear medicine. The tagline ‘Life Forward’ represents our commitment to securing a brighter future for all those we serve: An enhanced quality of care for our patients. A trusted partner to our customers. A supportive employer to our valued team.
Summary of Position
Perform assigned quality control or quality assurance activities in order to comply with applicable SOP’s and cGMPs. Responsibilities will initially focus on data entry and data clean up.
Initially, work hours well be relatively consistent with normal business hours. Work hours will transition to a shift based, 5 week rotating schedule so we repeat the following schedule:
Weeks 1-3: M-Th 0700-1530 and Friday 0600-1430
Week 4: M-Th 0500-1330 and Sunday 0500-1330
Week 5: M-Th 0600-1630
- Ensure a safe and quality working environment through training, awareness, and compliance to safety/Quality guidelines and SOP’s.
- Ensure the maintenance of their department, premises and equipment.
- Perform monitoring lab equipment and techniques (SAS, SMA, Met One particle counter, viable airborne monitoring (active and passive), total airborne particulate sampling, viable surface monitoring, personnel monitoring, and membrane filtration of water samples).
- Ensure that all necessary testing is carried out to perform all the assigned tasks confidently and consistently.
- Ensure the use of proper aseptic technique during testing of controlled environments and utility systems.
- Perform all work in compliance with site quality, site safety and radiation protection guidelines.
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure the quality task is performed in timely manner.
- Must demonstrate flexibility in adjusting to changing priorities and schedules.
- Attend mandatory training as required by site regulatory requirements and management.
- Assist with investigations, and perform other general duties associated with the position as required by supervision.
- Associate’s Degree or completion of four college-level life science courses required.
- One to two years of overall experience. Experience in a quality control / production environment in a cGMP facility is preferred.
- Good interpersonal skills, hands on, analytical, and problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills.
- Good computer skills, including utilizing personal computers and data entry programs.
- Ability to work independently and with others to accomplish goals and priorities.
- Flexibility and teamwork skills, high level of energy and regular, consistent attendance.
Organizational Relationships / Scope:
- Has contact with all internal quality (QA, QC, Validation) and manufacturing operations.
- Will also have frequent interactions with colleagues and supervision.
- Willingness to work in plant producing radioactive materials and requiring all employees to participate in safety programs designed to minimize potential and/or actual exposure levels.
- Responsibilities also include the ability to lift up to 50 pounds, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, reach, and climb stairs without accommodation.
- Must be willing to wear a variety of personal protective equipment.
- Willingness to work in a team based environment.
- Close attention to detail required.
- May be required to sit or stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- Must be able to work outside of regular work hours.
- Must possess good hand-eye coordination.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Curium is an equal opportunity employer and believes everyone deserves respect, dignity and equality. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Posted on 18th June 2020
Posted on 11th November 2019