Posted on 4th June 2019
Electronics Technician II – Cyclotron
Curium is the world’s largest nuclear medicine company with more than a century of industry experience. We develop, manufacture and distribute world-class radiopharmaceutical products to help patients around the globe. Our proven heritage combined with a pioneering approach are the hallmarks to deliver innovation, excellence and unparalleled service.
With manufacturing facilities across Europe and the United States, Curium delivers SPECT, PET and therapeutic radiopharmaceutical solutions for life-threatening diseases to over 14 million patients annually. The name ‘Curium’ honors the legacy of pioneering radioactive researchers Marie and Pierre Curie, after whom the radioactive element curium was named and emphasizes our focus on nuclear medicine. The tagline ‘Life Forward’ represents our commitment to securing a brighter future for all those we serve: An enhanced quality of care for our patients. A trusted partner to our customers. A supportive employer to our valued team.
Summary of Position
The Electronics Technician must be highly proficient in electronics troubleshooting and repairs. This position is part of a small shift team that must frequently work independently and with limited supervision. This position is responsible for performing routine and non-routine cyclotron (particle accelerator) equipment operations and maintenance tasks necessary to produce bulk radiopharmaceuticals according to internal customer needs. Responsible for the timely response and communication of any abnormal equipment conditions to shift coordinator and/or other department leadership, assisting with troubleshooting and repairs as necessary.
• Performs general troubleshooting for operations of cyclotrons and support equipment.
• Performs routine maintenance and repairs of cyclotrons and support equipment with minimal supervision.
• Performs special and advanced maintenance and repairs of cyclotrons and support equipment with supervision of cyclotron specialists.
• Performs scheduled start-ups and shutdowns of cyclotron.
• Performs target loading, installation, and transport activities.
• Operates and monitors cyclotrons and support systems during target irradiation.
• Monitors cyclotrons during standby conditions.
• Must frequently communicate with the Cyclotron Chemistry department personnel to coordinate cyclotron daily production activities.
• Must actively manage personal radiation exposure per prescribed policies, procedures, and guidelines.
• Performs record keeping of cyclotron performance and operations data.
• Performs record keeping of maintenance and repair work performed.
• Serves as backup for Cyclotron Ops-Maint Shift Coordinator responsibilities.
• Serves as a backup Backshift Emergency Manager for after hours emergencies on site.
• Performs collateral duties and special projects independently as assigned by shift coordinator, and/or other department leadership.
• 2 year degree in Electronics from either a college or technical/vocational school, or equivalent training from Armed Forces training schools required.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in component level electronics troubleshooting and repairs required.
• Experience in maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing the following: solid state electronics, analog and digital circuits, logic circuits/PLCs, and electro-mechanical systems is preferred.
• Good mechanical inclination and proficiencies, technical troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to perform large scale troubleshooting with system components spread across multiple areas.
• Ability to use a variety of general purpose test equipment and bench test electronic system components.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Curium is an equal opportunity employer and believes everyone deserves respect, dignity and equality. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Posted on 25th February 2020