Posted on 12th January 2019
Summary of Position
In this function you are responsible for the development and implementation of the EHS policy within the group guidelines, in order to guarantee compliance with laws and regulations and permits in the field of occupational health, Environment and (conventional and radiological) safety.
Formulated Policy Proposals and Plans (As functional MT-member)
- Monitoring relevant developments in the field of focus, identifying opportunities and threats to the organisation;
- Formulating policy proposals on OSH, environment and conventional safety (Dutch and English) and the Tuning Of the policy on radiation safety as established and secured by the general Coordinating Expert (ACD) therein;
- Explain, motivate and underpin policies in the MT.
- Shaping and maintaining an effective EHS organisation Where the ACD also belongs;
- Align with authorities in order to ensure the correct implementation of policies, laws and regulations.
- Elaboration of (management) systems, structures and procedures to facilitate, stimulate and optimise safe working and to guarantee compliance with existing licences and laws and regulations;
- To keep existing licences up-to-date and, if necessary, prepare and submit permit changes.
- Advising and training Management and Staff In the field of health, safety and environment.
Health, Safety and Environment
- Managing the specialists in the EHS team and caring for the waste treatment;
- Convincing employees and managers of the individual and collective importance of ARBO, environment and security, creating awareness O.G.V. safety;
- Ensure that the local Work and processes Implemented within the framework of the current EHS policy;
- Carrying out and assessing risk inventories and evaluations and job risk assessments regarding workplaces, resources and –Processes;
- Participate in and / or initiate investment, modification of in change projects;
- Conduct internal audits and coordinate external audits in the field of EHS;
- Take care of the Rapportages;
- Supplying input to the ACD in compiling the annual Report radiation protection.
Provides insight and improvement advice
- Coordination of health and safety studies;
- Participate in projects such as Consultant from our own field;
- Providing support in the preparation and evaluation of User Requirement Specifications (URS) and delivery protocols in case of new construction/renovation of buildings and/or installations.
- HBO higher Safety Science;
- Experience with various risk analysis methods such as FMECA, RI&E, TRA, RCA;
- Extensive knowledge of Osh, environmental and safety legislation;
- Extensive knowledge of quality management systems and structures such as OHSAS 18001, ISO31000, ISO14001, ISO9001 VAC.
We offer you
We offer you a full-time employment contract (average working week of 38 hours) and, depending on your education and experience, a competitive salary. The fringe benefits are excellent. Curium offers, among other things, a study and travel allowance and participation in a pension scheme.
Curium also offers you:
- the opportunity to further develop yourself personally in an independent, varied position with plenty of room for personal initiative and
- the possibility of making a recognizable contribution to the result of the company with an excellent reputation in the market.
Curium is a leading, global manufacturer and distributor of medical isotopes, with its headquarters in France. The company in its current form originated in the beginning of 2017, after a merger between IBA Molecular in France and the nuclear medicine business of Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals with headquarters in the US.
1600 employees work at many operational and commercial Curium locations and provide over 14 million patients per year with diagnostic and therapeutic solutions. The products are shipped to 6000 customers in 70 countries, in particular to Nuclear Medicine departments in hospitals. As such, Curium is the world’s largest supplier of medical isotopes. Curium’s core values are integrity, commitment and collaboration.
The Curium facility in Petten, on the coast of North-Holland, employs over 330 employees. Beside radioactive medical isotopes, also non-radioactive products are manufactured. In the hospitals, medical isotopes are usually labeled with non-radioactive carriers, which takes the isotope to the targeted tissue, organ or cell type in the human body. This way, the radioactive substance is carried to the suspected area in the human body. The Petten facility has a focus on continuous improvement and innovation, supported by a multitude of improvement initiatives and projects.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Curium is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Are you interested in this position? Mail your motivation with curriculum vitae in Dutch to the Human Resources department to the attention of Jill Groot at firstname.lastname@example.org.