Posted on 3rd June 2019
Director of Marketing
Curium was formed in 2017 through the union of IBA Molecular and Mallinckrodt Nuclear Medicine LLC. Curium is a world-class nuclear medicine solutions provider with over 100 years of combined industry experience. We are proud to service over 14 million patients worldwide each year and strive to provide best-in-class quality products and exceptional, reliable service.
Our diverse group of industry experts is unified under one strong and singular focus – to develop, manufacture and supply SPECT, PET and therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals to customers around the globe. In fact, we have over 6,000 customers in over 70 countries world-wide.
At Curium, every single dose counts in helping doctors and patients diagnose and treat disease. That means every single employee counts toward meeting this unified objective to help each patient live “Life Forward”. We have an amazing team that lives by our core values every single day – integrity, commitment and collaboration. Come grow with us!
Summary of Position
The Director of Marketing, based in the North American corporate office in St Louis, MO, is responsible for the planning and execution of marketing strategies designed to optimize the financial performance of the Nuclear Medicine business. This responsibility includes managing the product portfolio, developing and executing marketing strategies to protect and grow current products, develop launch strategies for new products, build accurate forecasts, and establish relationships with Key Opinion Leaders in the Healthcare Community.
The Director of Marketing, with minimal supervision, will also be responsible for the profitable operation of the assigned product line(s) to include: a) working with and understanding the clinical needs of the customers; b) participating on assigned product development teams and performing all marketing responsibilities associated with the team; c) developing and monitoring advertising and promotion plans for assigned product lines; d) developing, implementing and managing market plans for assigned products; e) consolidating and integrating sales forecasts.
- Develop brand strategy, positioning, messaging, and corresponding promotional tactics that ensure maximum sales and profitability – existing and new product launches
- Drive business insights (through market research and competitive intelligence) that lead to an acute understanding of existing and future market dynamics that may influence the success of the product portfolio.
- Develop and execute an integrated and strategic brand plan on an annual basis to maximize revenue and profitability
- Work cross-functionally to develop and integrate an overall strategy for the brand across appropriate departments.
- Review and validate sales and resource forecasts.
- Analyzes competitive activity and develop counter strategies when appropriate.
- Develop ROI measurement plan to assess impact of key tactics on sales growth.
- Optimize annual budgets and other resources.
- Partner to evaluate market dynamics and diligence of new product opportunities.
- Foster strong partnerships with Sales leadership, Medical Affairs, Market Access, Regulatory and Legal to ensure aligned objectives.
- Ensure effective and compliant creation of brand resources by collaborating with the Medical, Legal, and Compliance Teams.
- Lead demand planning for assigned products, including volume forecasting to ensure adequate safety stock levels and efficient inventory management. Manages supply and allocation as needed.
- Provides support to sales organization including field travel. Conducts product seminars and training for the sales force.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Marketing or related medical or scientific field required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the healthcare field focused on the marketing of products, with some sales experience being helpful. Nuclear medicine industry experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience in successfully launching new pharmaceutical products.
- Previous experience in developing and implementing a unique brand strategy.
- Experience effectively managing a large brand budget and tracking impact of investments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid business and financial acumen.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Strategic Agility
- Drive for Results
- Excellent Verbal, Communication and Presentation Skills
- Action oriented
- Decision Quality
- Willingness to work in a plant producing radioactive materials and requiring all employees to participate in safety programs designed to minimize potential and/or actual exposure levels.
- Standard office environment, coupled with time in radiopharmaceutical manufacturing and laboratory environments.
- Willingness to work in a team-based environment.
- Close attention to detail required.
- Must be able to work outside of regular work hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Curium is an equal opportunity employer and believes everyone deserves respect, dignity and equality. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.