Posted on 21st September 2018
Analytical Chemist II
Curium was formed in 2017 through the union of IBA Molecular and Mallinckrodt Nuclear Medicine LLC. Curium is a world-class nuclear medicine solutions provider with over 100 years of combined industry experience. We are proud to service over 14 million patients worldwide each year and strive to provide best-in-class quality products and exceptional, reliable service.
Our diverse group of industry experts is unified under one strong and singular focus – to develop, manufacture and supply SPECT, PET and therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals to customers around the globe. In fact, we have over 6,000 customers in over 70 countries world-wide.
At Curium, every single dose counts in helping doctors and patients diagnose and treat disease. That means every single employee counts toward meeting this unified objective to help each patient live “Life Forward”. We have an amazing team that lives by our core values every single day – integrity, commitment and collaboration. Come grow with us!
Summary of Position:
The Analytical Chemist position will report into the Associate Director of Analytical R&D. The successful candidate will serve as a key technical team member and will support or lead technical aspects of projects, and will be required to perform characterization work utilizing multiple analytical techniques, including proficiency with some of the following techniques and instrumentation:
- HPLC / UPLC
- TLC / RadioTLC
- Lighthouse Headspace
- Alpha & Gamma Spectrometry
- UV Vis
- Infrared / FTIR
- ICP / ICP-MS
- Execution of method development, validation and transfers, including as well as compendial assessments and verifications including preparation of all supporting documentation (i.e. protocols and reports).
- Use analytical techniques to support R&D projects, customer complaint investigations, and analytical support for the Quality & Regulatory organizations. Types of samples include: liquids, gases, and solids of radioactive and non-radioactive materials.
- This role has responsibility for adding additional key analytical techniques to their expertise that provide back-up capability for the R&D organization.
- Support new product development and life cycle management of existing products as needed.
- Bachelor Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biology, Life Sciences, or related field with a minimum of 2 years of industry experience required.
- Radiopharmaceutical experience and pharmaceutical development (small / large / biological) experience highly preferred.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience is highly preferred with a strong familiarity with cGMP, FDA, USP, NRC, and ICH guidelines.
- Behavioral requirements for success in this position include: self-starter, strong work ethic, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The successful candidate must have the ability to successfully support and potentially manage multiple analytical projects and contribute to team-based investigations.
- Standard office environment, coupled with approximately 80% time in radiopharmaceutical manufacturing and laboratory environments.
- Must be willing to wear a variety of personal protective equipment.
- Willingness to work in a team based environment.
- Close attention to detail required.
- May be required to sit or stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- Must be able to work outside of regular work hours.
- Willingness to work in plant producing radioactive materials and requiring all employees to participate in safety programs designed to minimize potential and/or actual exposure levels.
- Responsibilities also include the ability to lift, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, reach, and climb stairs without accommodation.
- Must possess good hand-eye coordination.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Curium is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Posted on 13th January 2019
Posted on 13th January 2019