Veröffentlicht am 31st Juli 2019
Technical Designer II
Curium was formed in 2017 through the union of IBA Molecular and Mallinckrodt Nuclear Medicine LLC. Curium is a world-class nuclear medicine solutions provider with over 100 years of combined industry experience. We are proud to service over 14 million patients worldwide each year and strive to provide best-in-class quality products and exceptional, reliable service.
Our diverse group of industry experts is unified under one strong and singular focus – to develop, manufacture and supply SPECT, PET and therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals to customers around the globe. In fact, we have over 6,000 customers in over 70 countries world-wide.
At Curium, every single dose counts in helping doctors and patients diagnose and treat disease. That means every single employee counts toward meeting this unified objective to help each patient live “Life Forward”. We have an amazing team that lives by our core values every single day – integrity, commitment and collaboration. Come grow with us!
Summary of Position
Manages the Maryland Heights drawing program, by acting as the primary interface and subject matter expert of the drawing management system. The Technical Designer II is responsible for managing the Maryland Heights’ Drawing Management System and serves as the key contributor for site projects by creating, modifying, or optimizing specifications and drawings. Analyzes, reviews, and tracks all site construction drawings generated by external engineering firms and contractors to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards. Work with existing systems creating, modifying, and releasing drawings under direct supervision of an engineer or supervisor for use by other departments and internal and external suppliers.
- Ensures cGMP compliance of Drawing Systems.
- Creates, modifies and/or optimizes documents and drawings that convey the various engineering discipline design to the contractor. This includes civil, structural, architectural, electrical, instrumentation, process disciplines. This can include 3-dimensional design.
- Create multi-discipline drawings from scratch as needed to document as-built conditions.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert of drafting standards.
- Computer literacy in the company’s software.
- Develop concept designs of architectural layouts, as needed.
- Development of 3D models to requester specifications to be used to create prototype parts.
- Manages checkout and return of controlled drawings in drawing management system for use by project teams and external design firms.
- Guides vendors, engineering design firms, construction contractors and consultants on project drawing issues.
- Revise existing drawings as needed to reflect changes in site conditions. This often requires performing plant field investigations to gather the data necessary to do so.
- Work closely with all departments in the plant to ensure that the drawings convey the correct information. Self-check own work for completeness, accuracy, meeting standards, fits and stack-ups. Work closely with engineers and other plant personnel to obtain information or ensure drawing clarity.
- Work from drawings, sketches or scanned images, customer drawings, or Government drawings or specifications as needed to complete specified job assignments.
- Use accepted drawing standards as guidelines, and provide guidance to internal and external engineering resources to ensure adherence to standards.
- Modify existing drawings and create new drawings when necessary which meet internal standards in a timely fashion.
- Contribute feedback in design reviews relative to design improvements and adherence to standards.
- Self-check work to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure a safe and quality working environment through training, awareness, and compliance to safety guidelines and SOP’s
- Associates Degree with math or scientific discipline. Accreditation from a recognized CAD training institution preferred. Civil or Mechanical Engineering degree preferred.
- Three to Five years’ experience as technical designer using CAD software.
- Possess a thorough working knowledge of pharmaceutical plant buildings and equipment layout, materials and methods of construction as well as costs.
- Familiar with standards for all engineering disciplines.
- Must understand drafting and engineering design modeling fundamentals and techniques, including 3D modeling.
- Must be proficient in use of design/drafting tools. Must be proficient in use of shop and field dimensioning and surveying instruments. Must be able to make engineering design computations based upon engineering formulas.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, be a self-starter, and be detail-oriented.
- Must exhibit good customer service practices and behaviors.
- Willingness to work in plant producing radioactive materials and requiring all employees to participate in safety programs designed to minimize potential and/or actual exposure levels.
- Light physical effort required. Regularly required to sit, reach, bend and move about all areas of the facility.
- Must be willing to wear a variety of personal protective equipment.
- Responsibilities also include the ability to lift, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, reach, and climb stairs without accommodation.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Curium is an equal opportunity employer and believes everyone deserves respect, dignity and equality. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.